Anyone here have experience with bend-pak lifts?

-

Lars

Reaction score
There is a guy local to me that has this model for sale:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_126122_126122

Anybody here have one or used one? I figure it would be pretty useful for when I have to do suspension and brake work on my wife's Golf and my Subaru since they don't really have decent places to stick jack stands. What about on my Dart and her 67? Safe to lift them up under the rocker beads?

Thanks

For that price you could get a two post or for a couple of hundred more a 4 post lift.

ouch. that price is really high. do you have room for a full size lift? i have seen 2 posts much cheaper. there was a 9000 pound 2 post on craigs list not long ago for $900. if you have the room i would get a 2 post over the belly lift anyday.

Bend Pak is a quality lift. If you're limited on room(ceiling height) this would be one option. If you have the ceiling height I would recommend a two post lift. MMG

Well I think I can pick it up for around $600 or so. I was going to buy a two post someday, but mostly just for suspension and brake work. If i can score this one for as cheap as I hope I can get a four post later (like I want anyhow). I got the space covered. My garage is 1200sqft with 16' ceiling.

Love mine

Attachments

• Suspension and dash resized0002.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Suspension and dash resized0051.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Cuda and Mustang pics June 2007 019 resized.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 183
Yeah I want a four post like that too. I was originally planning on getting a two post and a four post, but if I can get this one cheaper then I can get the four post sooner.

EDIT: I wouldn't get the thing. I thought it was sumthin different. those are mostly for tire work. They aren't too kind to low hanging obstacles.....like headers.

EDIT: I wouldn't get the thing. I thought it was sumthin different. those are mostly for tire work. They aren't too kind to low hanging obstacles.....like headers.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that, it probably wouldn't get along real well with the long tubes on my Dart and the wife's Stang. I guess if I get it cheap enough it'll be OK since her DD and my WRX are a pain to get jacked in the air. If he wants too much for it I'll just get a two post like I originally planned. He told me to make an offer, so I figured I'd shoot him $600 on it.

.... I was originally planning on getting a two post and a four post..

That is the way to go :) I have a Bendpak 4 post HD9 w/sliding bridge jack and its great as I use it for storage and working on the cars. A 2 poster would be nicer for some work but I can't complain.

I wish I had a 4 post. It would be much easier to set the car at ride hight and be able to get under it for welding and fab work. But then again I wish I had a lift in general....but hey when you have friends with one that works too :)

That is the way to go :) I have a Bendpak 4 post HD9 w/sliding bridge jack and its great as I use it for storage and working on the cars. A 2 poster would be nicer for some work but I can't complain.

I wish I had a 4 post. It would be much easier to set the car at ride hight and be able to get under it for welding and fab work. But then again I wish I had a lift in general....but hey when you have friends with one that works too :)

Yeah, my Dad got one about ten years ago when I still lived with them and I got spoiled real quick with it. I remember pulling the transmission out of my 89 Mustang in like one hour, I'd never pulled a manual before, and I took time. My only gripe was that I couldn't swap the pig on my Dart with it since the suspension is loaded, or do any type of brake work, suspension work, etc.

i have a two post 9000lb bend pak lift and works super good, use it everyday. i also only have a 12 ft ceiling so there lift works out well, my cables run across the bottom of the lift, not the top.

enough room to get two cars in on a bad weather day
S5001702.jpg

I bought a 4 post 9000lb from them for the big cars but works great on everthing else :cheers:

Attachments

• DSC06352.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC05841.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC05842.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 125
I hemmed an hawed for a long time about whether to go two post of four post. I finally deceided on the four post becuase of the ability to move it around. I have a sliding bridge jack for mine like DonnieLawson posted a picture of. I have not regretted going 4 post for a second since making the purchase.

I bought a 4 post 9000lb from them for the big cars but works great on everthing else :cheers:

how is your lift holding up being out in the weather. I want to install a 2 post on the side of my house, but was a little concerned about how it would hold up. But now I'm thinking I might have to go with a 2 post and a 4 post out there. We will see and time will tell.

I have been looking for a lift like that. they are a little inconvenient for mechanic work, but perfect for body work, no posts in the way.

how is your lift holding up being out in the weather. I want to install a 2 post on the side of my house, but was a little concerned about how it would hold up. But now I'm thinking I might have to go with a 2 post and a 4 post out there. We will see and time will tell.

I keep the pump and rolling jack covered when not in use so far no problems after a year other than then the plastic rollers for the ramps has sun cracked and broke . I ,ll probably make some rollers out of metal.
user_offline.gif

FWIW, there is a junk yard/repair shop I pass several times a week with a two post lift mounted outside in front of the garage. It's been there for at least 15 years and I see cars up on it quite regularly. I have noticed that there is a 5 gallon plastic pail that is cut so it fits over the pump and motor. No idea what kind of repairs it has needed over the years but the basic structure looks fine.

as for home diy type work, that is probably ok, hard to get parts for as they aged, pretty junky lift, in a dealership environment or a production shop I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole, Rotary or nothing else
Luke

I have a 2 post Bend Pak in the shop and a 4 post in the storage garage and love 'em.

My bought new '66 Dart and my bought new '73 B100.

(you don't see any GM products in the photos) he said.

Attachments

• IMG_0502.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0524.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 77
-
Back