anyone here in southern Oregon?

-

HotLines

Realist - Free Thinker
Reaction score
I have a couple problems finishing up on my 64 Signet which need attention from anyone who knows more then I do in the way of electrical. Things that really can't help me by asking questions here on the forum, what I need is hands on help which I will gladly pay for. My car is about to run but I am using a GM HEI on a 91-360 with a manual valve body 727 and the electrical system is a Ron Francis which has been in the Signet since the early 90's. If you are in this vicinity as I am in Grants Pass, please call me on my cell phone 660-1092 to discuss my dilemma

Thanks, Joey Madden
http://inflite.tripod.com

Someone in chiloquin with the name Jeeper I think on this board, his real name is rob. You could look him up and see what he has to offer.

I saw my dilemma in 1996 when I had my Signet shipped here to southern Oregon as it wasn't finished by the time I moved here. Back then it had a Holley Pro4 injection, Vintage Air, credit card ignition and MSD cap-adapt. When help was needed to get it running, the Pro4 was removed and a double pumper installed, the credit card ignition was replaced by an ordinary key thingie and the A/C hoses disconnected all because their knowledge of these things only went so far. All this was supposed to be re-installed after the car was running but never happened. Someone once asked me who would put 10 grand into a engine build and I said someone who has the need for speed. The other stuff I had was for comfort as well as configuration and fuel management.
Today almost 15 years later I have the same dilemma as I still live in Grants Pass in an all Chevy which in reality isn't so bad as long as you own a Chevy and as I've always said, Chevys are like string, every YoYo gotta have one :) I have an AstroVan for my business because Chrysler doesn't make a small rear wheel drive van and as a matter of fact hadn't made any car worth owning for us rear wheel drive American types for probably 25 years since the introduction of the 360 engine in 73 I believe. Back then I was at the mercy of Ford and GM who still made new rear wheel drive cars. Granted I always had my Signet and Barracuda and other assorted 20 year old vehicles but, this is going to far.

Anyways, the bottom line here today is to remove the HEI distributor and replace all the Mopar control box, ballast thingie, regulator and other assorted stuff so the engine compartment can look like the inside of a suitcase just to get this 360 up and running so then I could drive it down the highway and have the Signet go to different shops needed for its eventual transformation on a trouble free vehicle I can enjoy driving 2 or 3 thousand miles a month, every month for the rest of my life

BTW, Chiloquin is probably over 100 miles from where it is I live

-
Back