-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dusterforever

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a split bench seat in good shape to recover for my 73 duster. Have found a couple but in other states and the shipping is too much. I am in north central texas...can anyone help?

splitbench.jpg

Oh well, this stuff takes a lot of search time. Good luck and hope you find one in your area.

Hello, Jeff here. I have a friend in Thrall TX tha has it. I think its even the same color as the one in the picture. Name is Mike. The way he works is on a DRY Tuesday you can go to his BIG yard with him and take it yourself ...or... he will take it out himself and either you take it or not. LOL..its a little different. But he has it for sure, my son and I saw it last Tuesday. His number is 512-898-2320...good luck. Tell him its in his Hair, name of a town, yard in a 73 or 74 yellow Dodge.

Jeff

I know of at least one blue one in New Boston Tx... Thats about 20 miles west of Texarkana....

Man, that stinks. You're right there in no-man's land. Graham to New Boston is about 260 miles, and Graham to Thrall is about 270 miles. I would say the route to New Boston is better roads, with fewer towns to slow down through.

I didn't know there is a town close to Thrall named "Hair". Where is it?

Jerry

How bout Hare, TX....its about 6 miles away north of Thrall on 1063...

Troy's just north of Temple, right? My son and I am here at Ft Hood and have been looking for some bucket seats for his 74 Dart. We want to replace his split bench but it's not the same kind of "split" seat you are looking for.

000_1000.jpg

000_0981.jpg

Yep, Troy is about 8 miles north of Temple. I work in Temple at Shallow Ford Construction Co. Nice looking Dart your son has. My son Aaron (off at Texas A&M) drives a '74 Dart Sport. His split bench seat is the one you can see in my avatar. We had custom covers made for them. Unfortunately, these seats and bucket seats are hard to find, especially in decent shape. I found his seats in Oklahoma on a parts run to a yard there.

Jerry

Jerry, If you ever find some decent buckets in the area, shoot me a PM. Those seats look awesome in your avatar.

Button, I sure will. Aaron lucked out and got some very nice bucket seats in a parts car for his '74 Gold Duster project we are currently building. He bought new skins from Legendary Auto Interiors and they look great.

Well the BIG yard is close to Hare and ther is another even bigger close to Coupland too..they are both owned by Kattners in Thrall. Both yards have things from the 40's to the early 80's. He will get you things for you from them and have them at his shop in Thrall OR he will let you go to his yards with him on any tuesday. But you have to be there at about 8AM to go with him. The number is 512-898-2320, closed on tuesday for going to his yards...call monday before 5 and see if he will let you go with him. His name is Mike.

Jeff

I had the pleasure to meet dusterforever here in Arkansas while he was visiting family.
We drove 2 hours to Small Block's Field Of Dreams and Bill fixed him up :-D.
He should be home by know but I bet he is resting up from the 11 hour drive.
I hope he don't mind me showing his seat he picked up and look at the condition =P~!!! Wow:cheers:
I am sure he would want me to thank everyone here for your help locating a seat for his sweet 408 Duster!!

splitbench1.jpg

Wow, that thing is in fantastic shape Mike. What a score.

It sure was Sid, He got the sports style backs on that seat :-D
The wife and I enjoyed his time here in Arkansas and he even got to go to a car show two blocks away from his family's house :cheers:
Arkansas was good to him to say the least :toothy10:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back