Anyone in the Arizona area????

-

Sbonez

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for locals who know how to restore mopar or classic cars in general I'm new and I am trying to learn but I don't want to mess up and makes something unsafe. My name is sterling message me f you are and are willing to maybe teach or give tips to a young person trying to fix up his 64 cuda :)

Visiting my inlaws in Cornville in December. How far are you from there. It'd be fun to see what you've got.

New River area here.

i can probably get you started in the right direction

Attachments

• wheelsup.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 147
I am in the Bell Road and Tatum Blvd area. I am painting the front fender of my 71 duster tomorrow.
What part of AZ are you?

I am in North Phoenix, Bell & 35th Ave area... And Car Hang out @ 67th Ave and Bell Saturday nights (most of the time)

Sterling, Message me anytime if you like. I like helping guys get started. I just partially finished a 65 Dart and know what is expensive to replace, for starters.

Number one rule- NEVER through anything away if you can possibly store it, you never know if you will need it or a sample of it in the future. It also may have value to someone else if you are upgrading, (sell it!) and usually after it is tossed out!!
If you are going to take something apart, bag and tag EVERYTHING AND BE SURE AND TAKE PHOTOS. I can't say enough about that.
Be realistic about your budget, and what you plan to do. It is easy to use stuff like bone yard motors, etc stuff that is a pretty direct swap. Having dreams of going Bigblock or building a nine second drag car are very expensive. They can be done, but ask here about the cheapest route or best options. Example- a cheap, running 440 will be a nightmare to put in an early A. A B motor is narrower and easier, but still presents challenges. A boneyard 360 with bolt on performance parts is cheap, (relatively) and a blast to drive. On top of that, a 360 is about the biggest motor you can get decent headers for.
Other things that come to mind- pulling the front or rear glass is expensive, as the seals will need to be replaced and possibly the glass (do they even make it still?)
If you let us know what you want to accomplish, we can start right hear. Guys love to help, that's why we are here.

That is an awful lot of offers of help to be completely ignored by the begger

sorry i didnt see the post in a while i am trying to reply to everyone as i can, sorry again for the very late reply to this i am happy to know a lot of u are located in az its nice to know that cant wait maybe one of these days we can meet up and can help me or see what im working with i would love to see the cars you have build and the tips you can give . thanks again

please PM if you want to get in contact or will to help me with the build.

sorry i didnt see the post in a while i am trying to reply to everyone as i can, sorry again for the very late reply to this i am happy to know a lot of u are located in az its nice to know that cant wait maybe one of these days we can meet up and can help me or see what im working with i would love to see the cars you have build and the tips you can give . thanks again

please PM if you want to get in contact or will to help me with the build.

no need for the PM, thats what you got in this thread...

Spencer, If you PM me your address and when you are going to be working on the car, I will see if I can stop by, but I do not think I will be much help.

Do you have any ramps or jack stands?

-
Back