Anyone into BB Mopar Boats?

-

80fbody

Reaction score
I've got a few items that came with my shortblock as it was originally intended for a hot rod boat. Didn't know if there were any guys into it as I've got a nice factory flat bottom aluminum boat pan, pickup & windage tray. Also reverse cam, intermediate shaft, some heads, etc.

If not I'll post them on fleabay at some point. I think the pan would also work well for a chassis car that could uses a flat bottom.

You can try posting them on correctcraftfan.com Those boats use to run mopar engines all the time.

Thanks
James

If you are planning on using the crank and it is for reverse rotation you may have a problem with the rear main seal. The angle of the little cuts to pull the oil in would be reversed and would push oil out in standard rotation.

If you are planning on using the crank and it is for reverse rotation you may have a problem with the rear main seal. The angle of the little cuts to pull the oil in would be reversed and would push oil out in standard rotation.

Just FYI,
Chrysler marine engine rotation direction is taken from the flywheel not the balancer.

Also you might try a post in the Chrysler forum here...........

http://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/forum.php

Picture of the flywheel end of the crank. On a reverse rotation crankshaft the grooves are angled opposite to this standard rotation crankshaft.

Attachments

• 20140117_161804.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 103
The reverse rotation 440s will have "CCW" stamped on the id pad. And mischief is 100% correct on the "oil sling" grooves. Don't ask me how I know.

-
Back