Anyone into Subaru's?

-

BIG DOG

Reaction score
I just bought a 03 subaru impreza got a great deal on it but it needs a clutch. I'm wondering if anyone has got a good suby site or a good place to get parts? I buy parts out of the U.S for my other cars and I can get them here shipped and to my door less than half price.But I haven't been able to find a good subaru place yet.
Any thoughts, ideas, suggestion are appreciated!
Thanks!

Big dog, I have a 04 subaru wrx and have messed with subaru's a little for the past 5 years. They are fun cars to drive. If you want info from a forum go to Nasioc.com. or clubwrx.com For parts subaru's are tricky at times, if you want OEM parts your local dealer is usually where you end up, or you can find cheep dealers online, like subaruparts.com. For performance parts fastwrx.com is usually a good place, or Rallysportdirect.com. When I bought mine I went to the Nasioc forum and Clubwrx, for the learning curve. Good luck if you have any questions I would be glad to help if I know the answer.

Eric

Erock we have owned subarus for the last 8yrs this one is for my daughter to drive it a N/A our last imprezza was also but handled the twisties like crazy. My other car is a Turbo 5spd 850 volvo it's a very fun car to drive I can't imagine a little STI that would be a wild ride! . Thanks for the info I'll check them out.

Big dog, your welcome. yea my Wrx is a turbo, I was looking for an Sti but when I found my wrx i could not pass up the deal. god luck with your parts.

My wife has a 08 Forester Sports and my son has a 04 WRX STI. The STI is a quick little car. If all goes well this summer there might be a little family grudge racing going on. My son say he can beat my Dart. I say no way.

My first Subie was an 89 RX. That got me hooked on the turbo flat four. Next had an 04 WRX and now an 07 WRX. They don't have the sheer straight line punch of a hot V8 and can't run with my Barracuda but the old 'Cuda does't have a/c, cruise,cup holders, heated seats etc and the Subies corner like they're on rails. Have fun with yours! Looks like you've received good recommendations above with the NASIOC and clubwrx and parts sources.

I have 08 Impreza. Its a good car but honestly I would love to get rid of it. It had trucks before.

My wife is looking for a new SUV. She want's a smaller one, though. I told her to look into the Subaru. I like the all wheel drive and the fact that they don't bastardize their drive trains by offering alternatives. I understand those 180º opposed engines are pretty stout, too.

This is a good little car no turbo I want put deacent parts to put on it they dont have to be OEM. The I bought parts for my volvo from FCP Groton (volvo parts place in the states)last year . Here the cost would have been $1650 they were landed at my door all fees,taxes,shipping,exchange for $820.I haven't been able to find subaru parts place like that yet.

I have a 04 sti with 508 awhp. I'm part of nasioc and iwsti websites and they are great. I have found a lot of good deals on new/used parts on them. Also they have a ton of info about subarus.

I do a lot of work with EFI Logics, Ive had a bunch of 400-500hp Subarus in my shop, A few wide body kits etc. EFI is well know for their killer Subarus. If you need parts look at JNA.

My car was suppose to get tuned by efi but chris had passed away like 2 weeks before the tune date. Efi has a great reputation.

Good read, I am a muscle car guy all the way and will never sell the cars I have but my sti is one of the favorites. Lowered, bigger sway bars, big turbo, launch control, flat foot shifting etc. Thing handles like no tomorrow, can put 500 hp to the ground with out an issue and love people making fun of it that is only a 4 cylinder.
IMG_0926.jpg

racerkilla, I am a hard core muscle car guy also, brought up and raised. When I bought my 04 wrx, my father thought i was loosing it lol. after he got a ride he understood i was right on with my decision. Mine does not have the power yours does (mine is mostly stock) but I laugh when a V-8 car pulls up next to me and I keep up with him or he is in my rear view mirror. I thought about selling mine but I always change my mind. The car is just to much fun to drive, it has a different feel than my muscle cars. But you know what I am talking about, Nice car by the way.

Erock

We have sold out last 2 legacy's after they pass 350K...we normally don't do much other than standard maintenance and a few sensors..just bought a imprenza...hope it is the same..

I have a 04 sti with 508 awhp.

That's pretty good for a 4 cylinder. Pair of extra cylinders and more than double the power is what my GTR made.

If anybody hasn't driven an STI, just take one out for a test drive. They're pretty fun.

Great all wheel drive but sounds like a sewing machine and oil leaks.

-
Back