75.4 KB · Views: 358
  • 613.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 338
  • 615.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 614.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 359
mine does 55mph

[ame="http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/johnnydart_photo/motobmx022.mp4"]
th_motobmx022.jpg
[/ame]

[ame=http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/johnnydart_photo/motobmx021.mp4]
th_motobmx021.jpg
[/ame]

looks like he watches tv too I have a 110 motor off a 4 wheeler If someone wanted to buy it for say 100.00 bucks obo............looks like a Honda motor but not......Artie

ha! I also have a spare 340 Yamaha snow mobile motor if sum one wants to go really fast clutch comes in around 4500 heeeeyaaaaa hang on ****.....haha lolo

"mine does 55mph"
Damn! I didn't know they were that fast! I have one in the works, if I ever get back to it. The engine was given to me off a mountain bike someone had it on. Now I really want to finish it! :D

Attachments

• Nov 002.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 302
  • Nov 003.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 301
  • Nov 004.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 301
I have a mountain bike with disc brakes I've been thinking of doing that to.

i used a 6.5hp harbor freight engine. i pulled the governer assembly out of it. the scary part is slowing it down.

member Andyzell has one on here and it's one good looking bike. I am kinda contemplating doing this to my Murray Wildcat girls bike.

Wow this is awesome,go figure that some of ya would be into this.:burnout::burnout:I GOT TO GET ME ONE.

One of the guys on the next block over from me had one.
We loved that thing couldn't get enought it was so cool.
But When you are a teen and you dont think about the danger it can Dangerous​

ya I wonder how long those bike tires will take that speed.I can see them coming apart at hiway speeds or the wheels self destocking and exploding!:eek:ops:don't mean to rain on the parade just thinking out loud.I hate wen I do that.:violent1: but It does look like fun..............Artie

ya I wonder how long those bike tires will take that speed.I can see them coming apart at hiway speeds or the wheels self destocking and exploding!:eek:ops:don't mean to rain on the parade just thinking out loud.I hate wen I do that.:violent1: but It does look like fun..............Artie

Ya i was thinking the same thing and what about the wheel bearings there sealed how many rpmssssssssssss can they take. ps he has all ready had a crash just look at the tank that bent was from his elbow.

i have been 70mph on a bmx bike once when i was a kid. my buddy had a pick up and i was riding next to him and held onto the side of the bed. we got going 70 before i let go. lol i put well over a 100 miles on the motor bike i built before i took it apart and built something else. it never had a problem. i had to run a street tire because i kept getting flats. the motor was right above the rear wheel and it was so heavy that if you hit a bump hard it would pinch the tube. i ended up running street tires on the back with 85 psi in them. I was actually more afraid of the engine letting go and putting a piston in my back. lol

Just because it can do 60mph, doesn't mean you have to go 60mph.
Yah right! :burnout:
I have a moped front wheel with drum brakes to go on the front of mine. Rear mountain bike wheel with road bike tire and cantilever brakes.
It should stop! Yee Ha! :D
My friend has an old Whizzer he is building. Weighs as much as a truck!
Fun toys!

Here is one I built, a Mooneyes cruiser with an old dirt bike tank from Ebay . Has intake, pipe, shifter kit and a four speed hub in the rear . 35 MPH and I'm a BIG boy ,LOL !.
dynobike002.jpg

dynobike004.jpg

dynobike001.jpg

That's slick! Nicely done! I love the idea of the front free-wheel crank and jack-shaft arrangement. Looks way better than having two chains go to the rear wheel and I'm sure it works better too. Just might steal that idea! :cheers:
Do you have to let of the throttle between gear shifts with the internal four speed hub? I'd like to keep my derailleur but shifting my be tricky. Thanks for sharing and sparking up my imagination. :D
Larry

Thanks, the shifter set-up was $200.00 I think (been a couple of years) but was nicely made and works awesome . Yes, release throttle and click next gear ( I was told that the internal hubs don't like a lot of abuse) . It also works with the normal rear derailer set-up ,I just had the hub. It adds to the fun going thru the gears and keeps the motor in the sweet spot .

Edit, here is the link for my shifter set-up .
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ducts_id=29&osCsid=1klqlfdnt30u1m0ttm7uhkruf7

-
Back