Anyone know anything about Mexican Dart/Duster?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

There's a car near me. It's supposedly a '75 Duster from Mexico, but it has the front end off of a Dart Sport.....Valiant tag on the nose.

Seems like a real nice car, has an odd sticker package on it "225 Wedge" and some weird side stripes. Don't know the Spanish word for Wedge. I don't know if it is stock...

Anyone know if south of the border they did something different with the bodies on these things?

Thanks!

Steve

We have a thread or two on cars south of the boarder.

They are very different (and very cool). What you describe sounds about right for a Mexican Mopar.

Hopefully someone better with the search function will post a link.

Pics:

I've been looking for a '74 Dart Sport/Duster. This is pretty close and seems in solid shape. Its an oddball though, and the price is kind of high. Being from Mexico, I'd guess its pretty solid.

DUSTER003.jpg

DUSTER011.jpg

DUSTER008.jpg

yes it is a Mexico duster , the 225 wedge decals aren't stock but they look cool , and the side stripe is from a superbee bottom line its a duster with a cool paintjob.In here the dartsport front / duster rear ligths came that way from 73 tru 75 and in 76 it became a duster front / dartsport rear lights.

I like the look of that car!!!

Well, minus the beak front end. Love the decals though!

Yeah you guys got it its a 1975 Valiant Duster, I own one my self. The 340 never came out in Mexico so these cars either had a 225( most of them did) 318, or 360(most valiant superbees) . The years 75 and 76 they swoped come parts on the cars known in the US as the Plymouth duster and the dart sport. . Mines is still under work but I'm making my 225 a 4bbl to up the power but keeping some what of it original

Yeah man in Mexico the Valiant Dusters and Valiant Superbees were one of the top dogs. There in some way the most popular along with the Ford maverick. If u go down to donors Ms. You'll see those two constantly. That's were I got mines for $800. And on the same street were 3 others similar. Ill try to post pix on here

That's a very nice example of a 225 model. The 318 Super Bee Darts were rated at 270HP but were actually 300HP, built to 340 specs. Original callouts were to have 300HP Alta Potencia (High Performance) but Ma Mopar did'nt like the idea of a 318 having a higher rating than the 340 (I believe the 340 actually came in at about 320HP) so only the 270HP badge was allowed on the 318 Bees:burnout:. Some 225's also had a badge that read 225 Alta Potencia. The 360 Super Bee Darts were rated at 300HP even when HP ratings were reduced in the US. Smog control in my south of the border stomping grounds amount to proving you got a tune up once a year!

-
Back