Anyone know how to get the pop out windows to stay open?

-

scott2683

Reaction score
The wind knocks my pop out rear quarter windows closed on my duster. Any of you guys have any tricks to fix this, or know what I can purchase to keep the windows open as I drive down the road. I'll attach a picture so you guys have a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 2012-08-06 16.57.18.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 2012-08-06 16.57.10.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 2012-08-06 16.57.02.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 192
Huh. The ones on my '74 lock open. But they don't look like that either...

Sorry nope when I ride in the back of our 71 those go shut and hit me in the head :wack:

I know it kills me, I have looked and looked at them, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to tighten them up! The Indiana heat is getting to me...and I'm sure the air would circulate a lot better if those windows would stay open. I flattened the clip in the middle out a little bit, and it helped, but it still doesn't feel like it "clicks" into place.

You just need to add a/c to your car.

redneck-diy-car-air-conditioner.jpg

LMAO....that's one way to keep the car cool!
GEO, that's what I assumed too, but they won't lock in. Both sides are the same way.

I have yet to figure out a way to keep them open. Would be great if somebody had a fix other than proping it open.

The plastic ones on my 73 never close when i am driving , someone will know if these are interchangable , i am not sure .Glass could be bit different also . If not i am sure someone will have a tight set cheap.

The plastic ones on my 73 never close when i am driving , someone will know if these are interchangable , i am not sure .Glass could be bit different also . If not i am sure someone will have a tight set cheap.

XS2 ....i have a 73 and they pop back and lock so they dont move

I'm sure someone will have a solution. I've tightened and bent the clips a bit, and it helped, but still shuts on the road. Thanks for the advice so far guys!

Yes, but no guarantees. The hole in the glass where it attaches to the window is quite large. Loosen the hinge at that point and push it as far forward as possible while re-tightening the screw (window closed). That will put tension on the hinge when it's in the open position. You may have to experiment. Worked for me when I was rebuilding the windows.

-
Back