Anyone know Minn. Moline Tractors?

-

bkbond12

Old ones need lovin too..
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm trying to figure out what year and model this tractor of my uncle's is. Obviously, it's a minneapolis moline, and I'm pretting sure it's an R or RT, but not sure if it's an rti, rtu, rts, or what. It has the 3 5/8 x 4 4cyl with a foot clutch/throttle as well as the hand ones.

Any help would be appreciated since I've spent hours looking at pictures etc. I can't read the body S/N tag because it's worn, but the engine tag is pretty legible.

Thanks,
-Travis-

2012-03-03_10-31-40_635.jpg

2012-03-03_10-32-07_168.jpg

2012-03-03_10-32-43_762.jpg

2012-03-03_10-33-38_526.jpg

2012-03-04_16-40-17_803.jpg

im going to take a stab and say RTI it looks like one i saw in a show last year. the grill is the same the engine looks identical but i don't remember the year here is some info you might be able to match the serial number maybe http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/1/2/128-minneapolis-moline-rti.html good luck love those mini moes

Yeah, I thought so too since the only one I could find that looked even remotely close was a 52' rti. I've looked at that website at least a hundred times now and I'm nowhere near closer to figuring out what year it is.

My grandpa who is prolly the most knowledgable person I know when it comes to tractors and farm equipment thinks it might have been a county or military rig. I just wish the body S/N plate was legible. I'm going to see if I can use some silly putty to get an impression of the numbers and read it from there.

Anywho, I appreciate the reply.

ya i thought maybe 52 also but i just didn't want to steer you wrong if it is a military rig that's only a 53 but your close in that area im sure. i used a #2 pencil once and drew on the tag and then rubbed gently and the graphite showed me the numbers but if that don't work, there's got to be away. i never tried silly puddy thats worth a try. well good luck and ill talk to some that i know that restore and see if they have ideas

ya i thought maybe 52 also but i just didn't want to steer you wrong if it is a military rig that's only a 53 but your close in that area im sure. i used a #2 pencil once and drew on the tag and then rubbed gently and the graphite showed me the numbers but if that don't work, there's got to be away. i never tried silly puddy thats worth a try. well good luck and ill talk to some that i know that restore and see if they have ideas

We tried using a piece of paper and a pencil to take an impression, but you couldn't read the blobbed numbers. I just wish they were cast into the body. Yeah, the silly-putty is one of my uncles old redneck tricks, and I cherish every one of them. It's amazing what you can learn from a good-ol'-country-boy.

Yeah, the silly-putty is one of my uncles old redneck tricks, and I cherish every one of them. It's amazing what you can learn from a good-ol'-country-boy.

ha ha i agree with that here here

-
Back