Anyone know of a 69 cuda 340 floating around without an engine ?

-

trapster

Reaction score
I picked up a 340 back in 1985 Orlando area.

I was wondering how hard it would be to find the car it came out of.

The owner paid some bozo's to put in a junkyard 318 in place of his warn-out 340.

I have ONE!! The car even had a 318 in it when the prior owner bought it. I've posted on here and Moparts looking for my original motor.... There are others here also looking for their lost 340s. My car is likely a life long East coast car. Can you post the vin# off the pan rail? Or PM me? Any pics? 4spdragtop on here is also looking for his. Thanks, Dave

I also know of 2 cars that are in the state of Washington now that are missing their 340 motors. They were last bought out of Arizona and New Mexico. I know the vin#'s of these 2 also. Dave

sorta related...

I live just south of orlando and picked up a 67 fastback 2yrs ago that had a 340 and originated in Wash state. Wonder if I have one of the missing 340s.

Best
steve

I paid $11.00 for a title search through NC DMV. came back with a stack of papers including all the previous owners that had it titled.

I wish it was that easy in Maryland. I have been trying to track down former owners of my HP Satellite. I figure if I find the right one, I can find out what happened to the original motor and trans. I know it came from the Lancaster area in South Carolina.

I paid $11.00 for a title search through NC DMV. came back with a stack of papers including all the previous owners that had it titled.

Here is what I have found on it.

Casting date I think is 5/28/68
Casting number is 2780930-340-3
Stamped under head is EW340P 8840260 there may be a 2 after the P not sure
stamped on pan rail 9B431163

the 1 6 and 3 are just guesses.
I am not really looking to sell and engine as much as I am looking to buy a car.

Here is what I have found on it.

Casting date I think is 5/28/68
Casting number is 2780930-340-3
Stamped under head is EW340P 8840260 there may be a 2 after the P not sure
stamped on pan rail 9B431163

the 1 6 and 3 are just guesses.
I am not really looking to sell and engine as much as I am looking to buy a car.

This could also be for a DART......You can always get another 340 motor if you found the original car for your motor and the guy wanted it.

-
Back