Anyone know this Dart? Kansas City-Odessa, MO

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Hi again.

So occasionally these lost car or mystery car threads pop up and I find them interesting, so I decided to do one.

This is my brother's '73 Dart Sport that he bought in March 2009. There's no paper trail with it aside from legal documents, but it obviously was restored within the last 15 years or so. The ONLY clue where this car came from is a faded car club sticker that seems to point to the (EDIT) Kansas City area.Here's all we know about it, so if anyone recognizes it or saw it drive by or whatever, lol...chime in:

1973 Dart Sport originally with a slant six, built in St. Louis.

Original Top Banana car.

Came with a manual trans in the floor.

Fold-down seat.

Now has:

1970 318 that was originally built to replace a 340 apparently. At some point painted blue and installed in the Sport. X heads, 340 manifolds(this engine is in my car now actually). Had a Holley carb on it.

833 that was originally installed in an AAR according to the numbers.

8-1/4 with 3.23 gears.

Fendertops, wing, AC, PS, PB, blacked out grille, earlier rear bumper, dual mirrors, front sway bar. I figure some of those options were added later.

It had quarters installed and floors patched. The interior(black) was restored, but cheaply. Incorrect cut-pile carpet and cheap seat covers.

By 2008-09 it ended up in the southern Middle Tennessee area.

The sticker on the rear window says "Good time Oldies Car Club, Odessa, MO"

Here's pics. This was exactly as purchased. Thanks for checking it out.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 001.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 003.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 004.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 215
I live 25 min east of st Louis. I'm curious can you tell what the name on the car club sticker is.

**** I know him, I know him... :cheers:

He used to come over to our house and eat chicken **** I know him.... :glasses7:

Wait, that's not him.... #-o

I live 25 min east of st Louis. I'm curious can you tell what the name on the car club sticker is.

Thanks, but I was actually wrong about the location. It was closer to Kansas City. The sticker says "Good time Oldies Car Club, Odessa, MO"

I was wondering how chickenshit tastes myself. Though I have no inclination to give it a try. Nice looking car, kind of wish I still had my 73 sport. I'd love to have it as a daily driver, slant, PS, PB, AC.

-
Back