Anyone Know What This Is?

-

DartDen69

Reaction score
Hello - I have a 69 Dart GTS, 340,4 speed. Not sure what this is. Found it in the parts box. Thanks!!

KIMG0209.JPG

KIMG0220.JPG

KIMG0221.JPG

KIMG0222.JPG

KIMG0224.JPG

thought bushing for clutch linkage rod to fork but that would be 3/8" I.D. or there about. and,thank-you, bevel, not angle
would it fit the starter nose in the bellhousing? I've had one of those cars apart before and that piece does not look familiar until someone says it's a ____. Then, it will be,OH YEAH! that's what it is.

I'm out but will keep watching. Did the PO put it in the parts box to throw you off? maybe it's from a project he's still working on? One more wild guess: it's from a snow blower.

on vehicles with air shocks, it was necessary to move the top of the rear shock away from the body mounting location because the top of the shock is fatter than stock, so this goes on the mount shaft between the rubber bushing and the body. Since this means that the shock mount stud does not have as many threads sticking out of the rubber bushing, there is a companion threaded piece on the outside of the bushing that replaces the stock conical washer and nut.

on vehicles with air shocks, it was necessary to move the top of the rear shock away from the body mounting location because the top of the shock is fatter than stock, so this goes on the mount shaft between the rubber bushing and the body. Since this means that the shock mount stud does not have as many threads sticking out of the rubber bushing, there is a companion threaded piece on the outside of the bushing that replaces the stock conical washer and nut.
Thank you very much!. This car did have air shocks on it before. Makes sense.

Str12-340 is correct, it is used as a spacer on the top of large diameter rear shocks to keep them from contacting the gas tank lip. I have some stabilizer shocks with springs that use them for a perfect fit.

-
Back