anyone know where to get patch panels?

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
i got some rust starting in both the rear wheel wells of my 2017 dodge ram 2500

the usual players my bodyshop goes with have none in stock, anyone have a lead for me?

Possibly Autobodyspecialts in middlefield CT
Also advance auto (parts house) is connected to LKQ used parts who owns Keystone automotive aftermarket auto body parts. They may have a connection for you. Hope this helps.

allright friends, stay tuned for an update

i tried the two venues our members suggested and got nothing there
a little bit of googling brought up outfit called bodyshopprice.com

they had the pieces i want at a price that seems to good to be true and shipping cost that made me think eisenhower was still in office

of course, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is so i did some more googling to see if they are legit and i came across someone on FBBO asking the same thing a few years ago and they were good then, so i pulled the trigger on it

Last edited:
LMC Truck - Dodge

Oops. Maybe not, looks like they stop at 2016.
Thanks, I checked them out but even for the 2015, they don't have the parts I need

I ordered them from a different outfit (see the post above yours) so hopefully that will work out

About 5 hours after I ordered them I got a shipping confirmation, but the tracking number doesn't show yet, so we'll see

Tracking is updated, they should be here on Friday

14 pounds for 2 patch panels sound right ?

So was it Autobody Specialties that had what you needed?
nope, they kept me on hold for about 2 minutes, then hung up on me
its a place called bodyshopprice that had what i needed
they should be here tomorrow

nope, they kept me on hold for about 2 minutes, then hung up on me
its a place called bodyshopprice that had what i needed
they should be here tomorrow
I only see quarter skins. Do they sell patch panels also? Thx for the info.

I only see quarter skins. Do they sell patch panels also? Thx for the info.
Not sure, all I saw were patch panels, but maybe that's what you'd call a qaurter skin...what are you working on?

Not sure, all I saw were patch panels, but maybe that's what you'd call a qaurter skin...what are you working on?
70 Duster. Both drivers side and passenger side need work in front of and behind the rear wheels. Drivers side is the worst of the two.

Sherman's in Detroit is where I got my panels directly from in the past. Their website has changed so not sure if you can still order directly from them. Summit and Jegs are supplying their body parts though.

Sherman's in Detroit is where I got my panels directly from in the past. Their website has changed so not sure if you can still order directly from them. Summit and Jegs are supplying their body parts though.
Thank You....I'll check it out.

Thank You....I'll check it out.
I think you have 3 choices, AMD, Goodmark, or Sherman's. Sometimes it comes down to price and parts availability. Do a forum search for pros and cons of each panel company, there are some threads here..

Quick update

I got the panels in yesterday...they aren't as big as I hoped (my bad for not doing proper research) but they are large enough to take care of all the rust I am having, AND they feel nice and heavy

So I'm happy (untill I get the bill for installing them and repainting it)

Is Sherman's still in business or is everyone just listing old stock they still had available? I saw the actual location here in Michigan closed down a couple years ago.

Is Sherman's still in business or is everyone just listing old stock they still had available? I saw the actual location here in Michigan closed down a couple years ago.
I'm not sure since it's been a while for me. I went directly there to get my parts a few years back since it had counter sales. They could be just shipping from a warehouse location instead.

Last edited:
-
Back