Anyone modify hooker 5901 headers????

-

duster360

Reaction score
Anyone here ever modify the drivers side #3 cylinder tube on a set of hooker 5901 headers so it doesn't pass over the rear spark plugs and almost right up against the steering column? If so, got any pictures? Looks like it could almost be done with just the tube that is there. I am going to buy a new set soon anyway and just thought I might use the old set to see if I can modify them to work.
$(KGrHqN,!oUE8VkRp!7iBPIoLrer7!~~60_12.JPG

javascript:;

s.gif

if you put effort into it you may be able to run it down behind tube #5 but its not something i have tried and you will probably have your work cut out for you trying to get all that tubelength in there

I've done it (no pictures). Just be careful welding, the tubes are very thin. Also don't cut the old pipe off in an area were you won't be able to weld all the way around, like near another pipe.

Thought about cuttig the tube right where it starts o curve behind the #7 tube. Then pulling the #3 tube down as far as I can being sure to watch for the tie rod link. The shortening the upper section of the #3 tube and making it curve down behind the #7 tube.

I've done it (no pictures). Just be careful welding, the tubes are very thin. Also don't cut the old pipe off in an area were you won't be able to weld all the way around, like near another pipe.

Hey 60MOPE. Which direction did you curve the #3 tube? Behind #7?

Just went and looked at my headers and that looks impossible to go behind #7. Gonna keep thinking on this.

I cut #3 just past the first bend, then 90 degreed down and behind but close to #7. At the bottom I cut # 3 and 45'd it twice behind #7. The outside of the bends are extremely thin, be careful welding. I did not have all the bends needed to complete but did have some left over from previous headers fab work.

-
Back