anyone one car since it was new?

-

68valiant400

Reaction score
just wondering who has owned thier car since it rolled out of the factory? any good long time stories? car history? sorry if this has already been posted before just let me know what post :read2:

No story here for yall.:glasses8:
I have never owned a new car.:rock:

Wait:smilebox: I do have the red barren car that rolled out of a K-marts.

My Scamp is a year older then me but it's been in my family since new... grandmother bought it. She bought a two door when she knew grandkids were on the way... something about babies/kids not being able to fall out of the car when in the back seat.

I have my dad's 71 Demon 340 that he bought new. I have the build sheet, a QC card that I found under the carpet, and just the other day I found the original contract from the bank when he bought the car, and the payment book, $99 bucks per month. Plus I found all kinds of receipts for performance parts and stuff. One receipt was for headers dated less than two weeks after he bought the car. He had done some pretty good mods for a poor boy in that era. It had a pretty radical cam, Tarantula intake, headers, 4.56 gears, performance ignition, traction bars, snubber, electric fuel pump. I found a time slip for the Golden Triangle Dragstrip in Beaumont, TX with a best time of 13.97 which was pretty good for a street car in 1971. My dad drove the car till 1981 when he pulled the engine and never rebuilt it, hard times I guess. But he never got rid of it, even when people offered to buy it and he probably could have used the money. I took the car from him in 2005 and started working to restore it. It was still in great shape despite having been stored under a carport with a dirt floor for the past 15 years. There was no significant rust on the floor pans or anywhere that warranted replacement. Then along cam Hurricane Rita in Sept 05. She did a pretty good number on the car, but I was lucky it wasn't worse. I finally got the body/paint finished in Jan 08 and have the long block almost completed. Now its just the tedious part of reassembly. The Demon will now sport a 416 stroker with the original block and original drivetrain. Most of the interior is original, not even recovered, just new carpet and headliner. Its the factory B5 blue with black accents. My dad special ordered it with no side stripes or spoiler, which I kind of like. Hopefully the car will be on the road late this summer.

IM000265-SM.JPG

DSC00120SM.JPG

P1031599-SM.JPG

P1031612-SM.JPG

P1031605-SM.JPG

My Dart was bought new by my step-moms grandparents. Certicard still shows their names!Grandma "P" (grandpa died before I had a chance to meet him) drove it till she was in her 80's. All of my step-moms family learned to drive in that car (her mom, aunt, brother and sister!). I remember washing it for her when I was about 11-12 years old. My sister drove it in college. My dad did a TON of work on the car after Gramdma "P" died (engine rebuild, lowering, complete drive-train update and MUCH more). I have not changed much since getting the car a few years ago, but paint is comming soon! Grandma was a devout catholic (I am not) so I kept the 3 inch, blue plastic Saint Mary statue on the dash...it reminds me of grandma everytime I get in!

There Is A Guy Up Here That Purchaced A True 68 1/2 Roadrunner New And Still Has It. He Did A Ground Up On It 2 Years Ago. All Original Drive Train. 383/4 Speed. Still Has The Original Dog Dish Caps. This Car Is Mint. Its Forrest Green.

thats great! good story 71demon340 thats i really nice car and a cool history even a hurrican cant beat a mopar 8)
same to slanted66 and h22a4 thanks guys keep the stories coming!

I still have my 71 demon 340 4 speed that i ordered we raced the car in stock elm. won stock elm at 72 matel hot wheels nat'l open in seattle won class 1973 winter nat'l was a top 5 of point nhra div 6 72 and 73 invited to world finals 73 cars best time was 11.88 at seattle int'l race way can doc all of the above put the car away in 1983 or so brought it out when i retired now i am playing with my new old toy have won an award at the run to the end of the world in ocean park wa last fall it is one hell of a ride for an old man

sounds like a bad *** ride 340 demon, car since new and racing history (very jealous) the only thing my car has that i know it was raced was scratches on the bumper from pointing at the sky, when my bro bought ours not since new but pretty old it had just a seat motor and steering wheel all weight taken off , we made it streetable

I have my dad's 71 Demon 340 that he bought new. I have the build sheet, a QC card that I found under the carpet, and just the other day I found the original contract from the bank when he bought the car, and the payment book, $99 bucks per month. Plus I found all kinds of receipts for performance parts and stuff. One receipt was for headers dated less than two weeks after he bought the car. He had done some pretty good mods for a poor boy in that era. It had a pretty radical cam, Tarantula intake, headers, 4.56 gears, performance ignition, traction bars, snubber, electric fuel pump. I found a time slip for the Golden Triangle Dragstrip in Beaumont, TX with a best time of 13.97 which was pretty good for a street car in 1971. My dad drove the car till 1981 when he pulled the engine and never rebuilt it, hard times I guess. But he never got rid of it, even when people offered to buy it and he probably could have used the money. I took the car from him in 2005 and started working to restore it. It was still in great shape despite having been stored under a carport with a dirt floor for the past 15 years. There was no significant rust on the floor pans or anywhere that warranted replacement. Then along cam Hurricane Rita in Sept 05. She did a pretty good number on the car, but I was lucky it wasn't worse. I finally got the body/paint finished in Jan 08 and have the long block almost completed. Now its just the tedious part of reassembly. The Demon will now sport a 416 stroker with the original block and original drivetrain. Most of the interior is original, not even recovered, just new carpet and headliner. Its the factory B5 blue with black accents. My dad special ordered it with no side stripes or spoiler, which I kind of like. Hopefully the car will be on the road late this summer.

I wish I still had my orignal 72 Demon. (I came home too late from the army to get the last of the 71's- I'm guessing your dad and I would be about the same age I'm 60)

Resized340DemonMikeandTim.jpg

Now I have this baby which is similar to my orignal 69 Dart but wuth a MUCH BIGGER MOTOR (440)

Original 318 4 spd

Snap2.jpg

Current 497 inch 440 4spd

Roadknights2007004.jpg

Roadknights2007002.jpg

hey 71 demon 340 look like you are going to have one nice car when it is done love the hood paint think i may have to copy you when we get to the paint part. my demon is b5 blue now. by the way how far from houston are you my kids live there an i may be moving there

hey 71 demon 340 look like you are going to have one nice car when it is done love the hood paint think i may have to copy you when we get to the paint part. my demon is b5 blue now. by the way how far from houston are you my kids live there an i may be moving there

I live in Beaumont, about 1.5 hrs East of Houston

I wish I still had my orignal 72 Demon. (I came home too late from the army to get the last of the 71's- I'm guessing your dad and I would be about the same age I'm 60)

Chasb, you are right, my Dad is 61. I love those 67-68 Darts. My dad bought a 68 Dart GTS 383 after he came back from Nam. I've got some good pics of it at Ft. Hood in Killeen, TX. I'll see if I can't dig them up and post them. He wrecked (totalled) the Dart and bought the Demon in April '71 because nobody around had one yet.

beautiful car you got there chasb

Thank you. FUn as hell to drive , too!

Chasb, you are right, my Dad is 61. I love those 67-68 Darts. My dad bought a 68 Dart GTS 383 after he came back from Nam. I've got some good pics of it at Ft. Hood in Killeen, TX. I'll see if I can't dig them up and post them. He wrecked (totalled) the Dart and bought the Demon in April '71 because nobody around had one yet.

I thought so.

I sold my 69 Dart in late 71 right after coming home. (Missed the cutoff to get a 71 with the last great 340 motor) I liked the Demon for the same reason. Nicer looking than a Duster in my opinion and NO ONE had one.

Had to get rid of the Demon because of lack of room to store it.

These stories are awesome... come home from serving, get the car of your dreams; build it, race it to it's full potential then store it for years... to have it resurrected by the next generation who shows it the love it deserves and brings her back to what she was in the glory days.

Now that is the makings of a movie with a soul. A whole hella lot better than those "Fast and Furious" flicks that made so much money. Who wants to write the screen play and pitch it in Hollywood? Hey... it's the same story line as Sea Biscuit!

Anyway... Chasb - That is one sexy GTS, very tastefully done... I am envious. 71Demon340 - I love that picture of the car under the carport, sitting on the lawn mower, it will be good story board to show the resto process. Now if you only had some pictures of your Dad with it when it was new.

I am motivated again now to go out and clean, sand, scrape my old Duster.

Joe

These stories are awesome... come home from serving, get the car of your dreams; build it, race it to it's full potential then store it for years... to have it resurrected by the next generation who shows it the love it deserves and brings her back to what she was in the glory days.

Now that is the makings of a movie with a soul. A whole hella lot better than those "Fast and Furious" flicks that made so much money. Who wants to write the screen play and pitch it in Hollywood? Hey... it's the same story line as Sea Biscuit!

Anyway... Chasb - That is one sexy GTS, very tastefully done... I am envious. 71Demon340 - I love that picture of the car under the carport, sitting on the lawn mower, it will be good story board to show the resto process. Now if you only had some pictures of your Dad with it when it was new.

Joe

DO IT.. You wont regret it.

Joe

DO IT NOW While you still have the drive.

Joe

I do have some pics of the car with my Dad. I'll have to see if I can scan them and upload them. I have all intentions of making a display for car shows with old pics of my Dad with the car and new pics with me, my Dad, and the car.

I ordered my 76 Dart Sport way back when. Back then it started life with a slant six, otherwise I would likely not be here. But now it is time for a change... 360 like. It was a plain jane except for the "up and over" stripe and later I added a hood scoop.

:clock: TIME FOR A MAKE-OVER :clock:

-
Back