Anyone play the game "Corn Hole" here? Get your mind out of the gutter...........LOL

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I love playing bean bags or "Corn Hole" its also called. A game where you toss denim bags filled with corn into a hole on a board, similar to how horseshoes is played. I have a super cool set of Mopar boards made just for me......I always take them camping or to the cabin to play, there are also big tournaments here too, they are fun to play in. Thought I would share and see if this is popular anywhere else :glasses7:

Attachments

• DSC09462.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 452
  • DSC09463.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC09490.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 246
Yes we play Corn Hole here on the MS Gulf Coast all the time. Big game here, we have huge tournaments at parties and cookouts.

It's a big hit here also, I see them at camp sites all the time and I have enjoyed it a few times, I seen the game you call corn hole set up out side of a big RV camp site at Petit Jean Mt. this year.

But never a nice set like yours :colors: We also have another game where we flip 2'' washers
in a square box with a 2 1/2 in of PVC cut at a 45 degree angle at the top of a 10'' tall pvc pipe in the middle of the box and if the washer goes in it that would be 2 points and one in the box was 1 point, the box was 1'x1'
and 3 1/2'' tall...20 feet apart..... Its like horse shoe throwing my partner is at the other end and we get 4 washers to toss . and like horse shoes... If I toss my washers and make 3 points and my opponent tosses 2 points I only get 1 point.
we call it washer toss and most likely a cooler full of wobbly pops was involved :D

my grandpa made one of these games up. it had 2 holes a large one that was 1 point dead center in the board, and a small one in the upper right hand corner that was 3 points. this brought back lots of memories of times spent at their home for family get togethers, my grandpa passed in december 2011. several years ago my grandma moved into an assisted living apartment. where the game went is anybodies guess. maybe i can make one of these up for my kids and continue the tradition.

thanks for the trip down memory lane.

matt

Looks like a great game for camping! What size are the boards? Look like around 2' X 3' with a 4" or 6" hole maybe?

Thanks for posting this Keith, we're always looking for games to take on camping trips and this looks like an easy one to make.

I did see some folks playing this a couple years ago but forgot all about it till I seen your post.

Great picture of your car with the camp fire in the back ground!

My daughter and son in-law have a version of that game. They often take it with them when they go tailgating before UW Husky football games in the fall. Heck, I've played it at their house.

Glenn

It's a big hit here also, I see them at camp sites all the time and I have enjoyed it a few times, I seen the game you call corn hole set up out side of a big RV camp site at Petit Jean Mt. this year.

But never a nice set like yours :colors: We also have another game where we flip 2'' washers
in a square box with a 2 1/2 in of PVC cut at a 45 degree angle at the top of a 10'' tall pvc pipe in the middle of the box and if the washer goes in it that would be 2 points and one in the box was 1 point, the box was 1'x1'
and 3 1/2'' tall...20 feet apart..... Its like horse shoe throwing my partner is at the other end and we get 4 washers to toss . and like horse shoes... If I toss my washers and make 3 points and my opponent tosses 2 points I only get 1 point.
we call it washer toss and most likely a cooler full of wobbly pops was involved :D

Mike, I have played that washer toss game before, my uncle made one and that game drove me nuts!!! LOL It was soo much fun to play, but frustrating at the same time :D

Looks like a great game for camping! What size are the boards? Look like around 2' X 3' with a 4" or 6" hole maybe?

Thanks for posting this Keith, we're always looking for games to take on camping trips and this looks like an easy one to make.

I did see some folks playing this a couple years ago but forgot all about it till I seen your post.

Great picture of your car with the camp fire in the back ground!

No prob Stan, its a very fun game and easy to make. I can get more pics of the back sides of mine and measurements, it folds down pretty flat and is homemade and hand painted, heavy duty too boot also. The bags can be filled with dry corn or plactic beads, personally I think the corn filled ones are better.

Yep we corn hole in north missouri too! lol

It realy is a great way to pass time when camping. Ben around our area the past 6-7 years.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiztNZ3KdvA"]Beavis and Butthead - Cornholio Poetry - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back