anyone put a 4L60 in an Abody?

-

port-holio

Reaction score
I'm installing the Kiesler kit into a Duster. I followed the instructions for boxing the factory crossmember, but when I tried to put the trans in I'm about 1/2" of interference. Anyone else have this problem?

The trans is coming out for the 3rd time to make more room. The boxing was a horrible job to cut & weld. I'm running short on guys who want to MIG upside down 6" from their face in winter. I'm about 2 minutes away from just plasma-ing the whole @#$% center piece out, throwing it away, and finally bolting everything in without anymore drama.

Just how risky is this? I'm running welded in subframes, and would brace the backbone of the Kiesler bolt-on cross member.

I'm going to move from Illinois to Washington state in a month or so, and want to at least get the car together so my company will move the dam thing and I don't lose all the parts!

Thanks,
PH

Yes people have done it. Send a pm to inkjunkie, I believe he is using the 4l80 but the cutting is required.

Yes people have done it. Send a pm to inkjunkie, I believe he is using the 4l80 but the cutting is required.

The 4l80 is much bigger than a 4l60.

I have a 4l65 in my demon project, built an entire new tunnel for it. Part because of the ride height and to leave room for the interior. Modified the torsion bar crossmember to fit, I dont have torsion bars anymore.

Here is a couple pics of what I have going on.....keep in mind my whole drivetrain is moved up 2" into the body. So a relatively normal ride height would not have to go this far.

Attachments

• 1-15-09 updates 004 (2).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 332
  • 1-15-09 updates 003 (2).JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 1-5 updates (2).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 307
Dang that's beautiful work. I ended up just biting down and hacking more out of the way. Trans is in, waiting for the driveshaft from Kiesler.

pics to follow.....

Cut the t-bar crossmember out, replace it with a piece of 1/8" stock bent to fit over the trans. Triangulate the outer chunk of the t-bar crossmember back into the subframe connectors.......if you need pictures just ask......

-
Back