Anyone recognize this?

-

ProjectBazza

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I did a "flush & fill" on Bazza's '71 VG Valiant last night, and instead of cutting one of the heater hoses to install the flush tee, I just used the hoses off of this heater valve. The valve itself is stuck shut and doesn't budge, either by vacuum or by hand, and as you can see it's pretty corroded.

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

IMG_4888.JPG

I didn't think of trying to get a P/N off the valve last night, and I'm at the office now, but does this look familiar to anyone/can you tell me: Is this an Aussie-only part, or was it used here in the US as well? Bazza wants to keep the car as OEM as possible, so "this other one will work just fine" probably isn't going to cut it.

We're taking the car back this weekend, and I'll probably leave the ugly flush tee in there so that there's heat in the car, but I'd like to give Bazza an answer when he asks about it.

And he will.....

Thank you!

Jim

Last edited:
Heater control valve. No idea on the part number. In a FSM for Oz?

I'm not sure about exact, send me a reminder later and I'll check.
Exact same? I don't think Bazza will care about a repop as long as it looks OEM, but if a '67 Cuda with A/C uses it, that's great!

I'll do some digging around on the interwebs during lunch today so I have some info for Bazza this weekend.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Jim

Looks like '67-'69. Comes in 2 parts, the valve/bracket and the vacuum cannister.
The valve is available from a couple places (old NOS stock, a bit pricey; but available), but no luck so far on the vacuum cannister. If it is good on your unit and just the valve is frozen up, you may be in luck and can just swap the pod.
NOS Mopar A/C Water Valve 1968-9 Plymouth Dodge A Body Rear Heater 68-9 C Body - Hiltop Auto Parts
NOS MoPar 1967-1969 Plymouth Cuda Dodge Dart AC HEATER WATER CTRL VALVE 2837216 | eBay

AC water control valve up to 69 later years have a smaller hose size 5/8 early are 3/4. First pic is 67 which is 3/4 second is 70 which is 3/4 . Same valve different Dia hose on valve

100_0034 (3).JPG

DSCN0156[1].jpg

Looks like '67-'69. Comes in 2 parts, the valve/bracket and the vacuum cannister.
The valve is available from a couple places (old NOS stock, a bit pricey; but available), but no luck so far on the vacuum cannister. If it is good on your unit and just the valve is frozen up, you may be in luck and can just swap the pod.
NOS Mopar A/C Water Valve 1968-9 Plymouth Dodge A Body Rear Heater 68-9 C Body - Hiltop Auto Parts
NOS MoPar 1967-1969 Plymouth Cuda Dodge Dart AC HEATER WATER CTRL VALVE 2837216 | eBay
I wasn't aware the powerhead was removable, but I'll take a few minutes this evening and remove, and test it.

As for the pricing on the actual valve: YEE-OUCH!

But "it is what it is", I guess, and at least I can pass along this info to Bazza.

AC water control valve up to 69 later years have a smaller hose size 5/8 early are 3/4. First pic is 67 which is 3/4 second is 70 which is 3/4 . Same valve different Dia hose on valve
The car is a '71, and based on either a '68 or '69 Dart, as some parts are '68 Dart, some are '69 Dart, and some are just plain ol' "out there (outback?) Aussie"!

Regardless, this one uses a 5/8" valve. Not sure if that's good or bad (obtainable/unobtainable), but it's a starting point, I guess.

Thanks!

@ProjectBazza put an open end wrench on that hose connection on yor valve to see what size it is. Will be slightly loose.

@Oldmanmopar Do you mean 1/2” and 5/8” hoses on that heater valve.

I doubt a 69 dart has 3/4” heater hoses.

I wasn't aware the powerhead was removable, but I'll take a few minutes this evening and remove, and test it.

As for the pricing on the actual valve: YEE-OUCH!

But "it is what it is", I guess, and at least I can pass along this info to Bazza.

Some hunting around could turn up something at a more reasonable price- I just posted those as examples. But yeah, ouch is right. Welcome to the wonderful world of Mopars, foreign and domestic. Maybe a wanted ad on here could turn up a complete decent used one for you.

Maybe a wanted ad on here could turn up a complete decent used one for you.
Yeah, I've been considering doing just that for some other things.

As you may have read elsewhere, I was hoping to enter this car in the Power Tour next year for Bazza, but I keep finding "stuff" on it that needs fixing. Some major items, like brakes (Girling rotors and calipers are all but unobtainable here, and expensive as hell in Oz) and a noisy rear end. Anyway, I'm out of time, and money, and Bazza has some major medical bills ahead of him, so I'm not sure what's going to happen with the car once I take it back this weekend. Drive it around the block a few times and then put it back up on jackstands, more than likely....

And the Power Tour is probably going to have to wait until 2025.

I'm putting together a list of Needs for him, sorted by Safety, Reliability, and Convenience, and over the winter we'll come up with a game plan of some sort to get his baby back on the road safely and reliably. This heater valve will be included.

Thanks!

Jim

Last edited:
@ProjectBazza do you still need a genuine heater valve??

Im asking as I recently came across someone that has a NOS one at a reasonable price but I did not purchase it.

Here is a picture of the valve that they sent me.

PM.jpg

Last edited:
@ProjectBazza do you still need a genuine heater valve??

Im asking as I recently came across someone that has a NOS one at a reasonable price but I did not purchase it.

Here is a picture of the valve that they sent me.

View attachment 1716216826
Thank you, but I think Bazza found one on his own not too long ago, as he's been buying parts online for the car all winter.

I'll be going to his place sometime soon (next month or so) to reinstall the gas tank and work on the brakes, so I'll dig through his new parts and see if he still needs this valve or not.

Thanks again!

Jim

@ProjectBazza

No worries, just let us know.

BTW you got anymore engine bay pics you can put up ???
Like this? (LOL!)
IMG_4371.JPG

Or how about this?
IMG_4713.JPG

(I'm just messin' with ya!)
:lol:

I have a few videos, and shorts, on Youtube that "kinda sorta" show the engine (and engine bay) during start-up, but are you looking for something in particular? Let me know and I'll see what I can dig-up here at home.

Link to one of my Youtube videos for Bazza's car:

And one I made just for Bazza after I first got it running and moving again:

Jim

Last edited:
@ProjectBazza

Hi Jim, ... LOL .. did the AC compressor ever go back in??

Hmm maybe some close up pics of that engine bay as I can not make out the details in pics you posted, in particular maybe some pics of the battery cable ends that clamp onto the battery, and some pics of the washer bottle...

Last edited:
-
Back