Anyone "reflash" engine ecu?

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
Just wondering who here know's how to do this stuff. I'm looking to reflash a G.M unit so I can run tbi on a big block,but I'm positive other's here could use this service.

I would be interested in knowing as well since I maybe basing a GM style TBI kit for our cars if there is enough interest

are you trying to do a custom tune ? is it a factory computer or performance unit ??

No unit yet,havent bought it as I dont have a clue which one would work. Apparently some are reprogrammable with the right tools etc. And yes it would need a custom tune to run a pair of tbi units. I did contact affordable fuel injection on the internet some time ago,but I'd like to find out what is involved doing this myself.

I could likely locate a used eprom in the autowrecker's. Then it would be just a matter of learning to do it.What's the deal? You wipe it out and install your own timing program? I guess that would make sense,as I've seen G.M stuff reprogrammed for mopar's. Must be a place you can download the specific tuning curve you want.

Binder planet was helpfull thanks! It do's have a nice list of what to get. As for tune it look's like I'll either need to burn my own or have one burned for my engine. The binder sight was droning on about needing a dist with magnetic pickup,so I've got that covered with a locked out one from my lean burn ign on the 400. I can simply get a chip burned that covers timing and fuel,which is probably the best way to go!

The chip burner set up from Moates.net is reasonably priced and there are tons of bin files available for downloading. You should be able to find something close to perfect and maybe even better with just a little tweeking.

I've been looking hard at this whole TBI thing for the Wagoneer in our fleet and possibly my beater 76 GMC. As far as fuel injection goes, a TBI unit is akin to being a flintlock to todays machine guns. It's still a good reliable unit with proper maintainence. You won't see huge gains in mpg, but you will see an increase in ease of start up and drivability.

I want the tbi for it's ease of starting,the ability fuel inj has to tame a wild cam down at idle plus I think it's just plain cool! I want to run two tbi unit's on a cross or tunnel ram on my 451.This should give upwards of 1000 cfm.Hopefully there is a file that will help me do this!

-
Back