Anyone remember the Hot Rod movie from 79?

-

Dartish

Reaction score
Haven't seen this movie in 30 years! Remember the acting wasnt that great, but the cars and racing footage were. Alsocalled Rebel of the Road i believe. Good old boy with a semi kept racing a rick kid in his 442. Started as street cars, by the end they were both supercharged. Good movie to watch if you can find it

I meant HEMI in my first post, not a Semi. Damn spell check

IMG_20170203_111950.jpg
I almost traded for this last year, but it is fiberglass and I knew I wouldn't be satisfied unless I had the real thing.:lol:

Haven't seen this movie in 30 years! Remember the acting wasnt that great, but the cars and racing footage were. Alsocalled Rebel of the Road i believe. Good old boy with a semi kept racing a rick kid in his 442. Started as street cars, by the end they were both supercharged. Good movie to watch if you can find it
Thanks for the heads up. Just watched it on u tube. Neat cars in it.

Always tickled me when after they slipped and blew up his Hemi from the 65 belvedere he swiped another one from a AMC matador police car.:rofl:

Well they made the whole movie in 15 days, can’t be picky on where they got thier engines:lol:

Great movie! Got to visit several places where the movie was shot in the Santa Rosa / Calistoga area. Saw where the Munns root beer stand and hot rod hall of fame used to be and The old Lambert bridge. Very fond memories and yes I also would like a primer grey straight axle Willy’s one day. I would be ok with a glass Body and would probably consider putting my car back to stock and taking the new stroker out and using that. The trick would be to find the 12 speed standard transmission they used in the movie during the races! Lol. Andrew

-
Back