Anyone running 225 70r14 on the rear? Let me see

-

Schneiderman

Reaction score
Some 14x6 cragar SS's should be here soon, I'm considering what tires I will want to put on. I want to keep cost down for now so I may end up putting on the 195/75's that I have now on the front and just getting something else for the back. From what I have read it seems that the 225/70 is the biggest "correct" tire size to put on a 6" wide rim. I know some people have gone bigger, and I'm still considering it but I THINK I will be happy with the 225/70. I'm still thinking about it though so if anyone can show me some pictures of a 225/70R14 on the rear of their car, especially a duster or demon, it would help me out. Especially looking for pictures that show how wide this looks from the back of the car. Thanks.

Our, (father/son project) 1974 Dart Swinger has 205's on the front and 225's on the rear. I have a 4-door Dart that has 235/60-15's on the rear, but the 225's look better. First we had them mounted on MOPAR ralleye's but we went with Cragar S/S's that we found on E-Bay, $305 for the set and they look new. I hope this helps. By the way, thats our car in Sept 2008 when we found it. Elbow grease and right amount of dress-up and chrome does wonders, he won 2nd place at this local car show in the class he entered.

I meant to attach the pictures for reference.

B4 driver side.jpg

B4 passenger side.jpg

After driver side.jpg

After exhaust install.jpg

After front.jpg

After son with trophy.jpg

thats the size im putting on my duster (73) 340 all around
Primewells 225/70/14 $37 each :-D, white lettering
Probably the crappiest tire ever made but I can buy two or three sets at that price. Eh..we'll see. :dontknow:

-
Back