Anyone running 4x15's on the street?

-

stroker mike

Reaction score
Jegs and summit are offering some decent looking auto drag copies and I know they are not SFI approved, a sales rep said they were heavier and designed for a street car, use conical seat nuts, etc. For a car that is driven on the street, with a 155-80-15 on it, would these be safe? I'd like to run 4's, I think any smaller and it would be dangerous, but I drive conservatively on the street, I save it for the track... if anyone has experience either way please tell me what you think....

I run them on vintage bias ply tires from the 1950's, no worries here! Just have to remember not to take sharp turns too fast, also a little tricky in the rain. I also have some 15X3 1/2 rims I may run this summer cause they look sweet!:toothy10:

Picture 660.jpg

Picture 719.jpg

Picture 722.jpg

I had 15x3.5 Centerlines on my small block Duster all throughout high school on my daily driver, no problems just take it easy around corners and in the rain. One of my buddies had the same rims on his 62 Nova with a 396ci and tried to make a quick left down a street, needless to say his tires turned but the car didn't and he almost hit the curb.

-
Back