anyone running a airgap nascar version?

-

snowmobiler7c

Reaction score
I am going to be building a 318 motor for my 70 swinger. Basically using the 400hp buildups everyone knows about. So I need an airgap intake. I already have the mopar performance black wrinkle finish valve covers and air cleaner (if it clears the hood). I recently saw the airgap black powder coated nascar version. Thought it would look good with the valve covers and air cleaner. Has anyone had experience with this intake and the finish. Figured it was kinda cool and something different.

If you are willing to pay extra just for looks and licensing go for it , if you just want performance stick with regular air gap and have it coated yourself

If you are willing to pay extra just for looks and licensing go for it , if you just want performance stick with regular air gap and have it coated yourself

If you install the NASCAR intake, your car will only turn left

I just purchased the intake. Believe it or not I got it on amazon for $319 with free shipping. The cheapest I could find a true edelbrock standard airgap was on ebay for $263. Most of the performance stores wanted $290 on up. For $56 its not worth my time to deal with running back and forth to a powder coating service.

I sure hope my car turns right or I will really look like one idiot making 5 mile rides out of the driveway and back around lol.

Your engine should look and run great :thumbrig:. Posts some pics when you get it together.

I sure hope my car turns right or I will really look like one idiot making 5 mile rides out of the driveway and back around lol.

I wouldn't worry about it since your car is also going to morph into some unrecognizable roundish blob with wheels and none of your friends and neighbors will know that it's really you in there...

-
Back