Anyone running a B&M Starshifter 80675 with a bench seat?

-

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for a floor shifter for my Duster project that will co-exist with the factory bench seat.
I'm looking at the B&M 80675. Looks like it will sit up high enough to grab.
Any thoughts?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-80675/applications
bmm-80675_kn_xl.jpg

I'm running a Mega Shifter in my Dart Sport. It's easy to get a hold of and the plastic console gives it an almost factory look.
Ted

DSC06318.JPG

Trust me, it's not the best shifter by a long shot. But I really didn't need a race type shifter. Plus it came with the car and I felt that it did look better than other brands of floor shifters.

DD- Factory shifter set-up works much better than those aftermarket shifters. Just my opinion. The cables on those things get burned by the exhaust ect.

DD- Factory shifter set-up works much better than those aftermarket shifters. Just my opinion. The cables on those things get burned by the exhaust ect.

How on earth do you go about finding that?
Could the factory setup even work with a bench seat?

Try that guy on the site here-whitepunkonnitro. A used set up for the column. Maybe that was a bad thought. I think I remember that you made your column smooth right?

IMG_5753.JPG
Try that guy on the site here-whitepunkonnitro. A used set up for the column. Maybe that was a bad thought. I think I remember that you made your column smooth right?
Yes I made it smooth
Mr Gasket makes a very nice automatic floor shifter that has mechanical linkage.
I just don't know how it might look in the car....

I think Lokar makes some simple mechanical shifters too. Don't fear the cable shift though, just think about where you route the cable. It has been done for years.

Cley

Since the cable runs near heat sources, just put a simple heat sleeve on it. Can get the sleeve at local parts stores.

I'm not worried about the cable or burning it up. Good tip on the heat sleeve. I like the T handle look...

If you're worried about height, you might consider the Hurst Pro Matic 2 for a pickup. It has a longer shift handle.

Automatic Shifter, Pro-Matic 2 Truck - HurstShifters (if you go this route, shop around, this was the first link that popped up)

I run a Cheetah shifter in my 74 Sport and I can reach it with no issues.

Another thing that can be done, is to build a small pedestal for any shifter you pick, to make it a bit higher. It can also be angled slightly back to bring the shifter handle in closer.

Just a few things to ponder.

-
Back