anyone running AMR Mustang Wheel?

-

swinger74

Reaction score
Hello,

I've spent the last few days reading all the threads about the mustang wheels and larger wheels and have found most of them talking abou a-bodies with larger wheel openings than my 74 swinger. I have been searching for a rim and i found these AMR Mustang wheels.

My car has a Tubular Front suspension from Badart
Factory front Disc
Stock length a-body 8-3/4 with Dr Diff rear disc conversion.
1/2" spring relocation kit

For the Front i am looking at the 18*8 with 5.68" BS and 30mm offset and a 245/40 Tire
http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal-amr-18x8-9404.html

For the Rear i am looking at the 18*9 (would like the 10 dont think it will fit) With 6.18' BS and 30mm offset and a 255/40 tire
http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal-amr-18x9-9404.html

Would this combination work? i would like a wide tire but would prefer to play it safe with the first setup. any opinions?

Thanks
Ryan

For reference, I'm running a 8.75x18 and 255 series with 6.25" bs on the rear of my beater and the clearances are very close, thats with a 69 b-body rear end. The fronts you suggested sound about right but imo there's too much backspace on the rear to use with a stock width a-body rear end. -pauly

Front's should be good, in fact, you should be able to run the 18x9's and 255/40/18's up front with 6.18" of backspace if you want to have the same size tires all the way around. You will probably have to have the hub register of those rims opened up, or the hub on the stock rotor turned down to get them to clear though.

In the back, I would think you'd need less backspace except that Peter (GmachineDartGT) is running 18x9's with 6" of backspace and 255/40/18's with a 3/4" spring offset out back. Considering that the 3/4" MP offset and Dr. Diff's 1/2" offset both move the springs in about a 1/2", you should clear if Peter's car is any indication. I'm not sure he runs rear disks either, Dr Diff's kit adds about an 1/8" to the width, so that would actually give you a little more clearance to the springs (and still leave plenty to the quarter).

Nice job Emil! :D Your specs are exactly in line with my findings. Since I don't have a mini tub I'm 18 x 9 all around. Backspacing up front comes in at 6.4". As long as you use the narrow Hotchkiss front sway bar or the pro touring specific Hellwig bar, there are no rub issues. The rears are 6.0 BS and fit with the .75" spring relo kit and a factory 71 A body 8.75 axle. What are your height numbers to your front and rear fender lips through the centerline of the wheels?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1969902119&postcount=72

I have two different sets of AMR Mustang wheels I run on my 67 Valiant. I have the Hotchkis TVS with your same front brakes. The center hub of the Mustang wheels is smaller than the one on our rotors. You will have to have the fronts machined to fit, or do what I do and run a 7/16 spacer on the front to clear the center hub. I run 18x10 in front and depending on the spacers I use, can run anywhere from a +24 to +45 offset...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 306
I think it should work with your half inch spring relocation. Me measuring my stock springs I found out I needed a 13-18mm offset (I believe the smallest offset they have is around a 24) on a 255/40/18 tire. However, I don't want to run a spacer.

Front's should be good, in fact, you should be able to run the 18x9's and 255/40/18's up front with 6.18" of backspace if you want to have the same size tires all the way around. You will probably have to have the hub register of those rims opened up, or the hub on the stock rotor turned down to get them to clear though.

In the back, I would think you'd need less backspace except that Peter (GmachineDartGT) is running 18x9's with 6" of backspace and 255/40/18's with a 3/4" spring offset out back. Considering that the 3/4" MP offset and Dr. Diff's 1/2" offset both move the springs in about a 1/2", you should clear if Peter's car is any indication. I'm not sure he runs rear disks either, Dr Diff's kit adds about an 1/8" to the width, so that would actually give you a little more clearance to the springs (and still leave plenty to the quarter).

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1969902119&postcount=72

Thanks 72bluNblu i didnt think i could fit 18x9's up front. i would love to have all four tires the same (makes it easy to rotate) think i'll pick up a pair and do a test fit.

And Thanks everyone for the help. I'd rather play it safe right now and change it up later on down the road rather than end up with a wheel/tire i cant use now

Ryan

-
Back