Anyone running M&H Racemaster Drag Radials ?

-

69_340_GTS

Reaction score
Anyone running M&H Racemaster Drag Radials? I realize that if I do a lot of burnouts I'll wear them out fast, but what about "normal" driving? Any ideas on how many miles they will last? I'm looking at the 26 x 8.50-15 Drag Radials.

That's similar to what a 225/65/15? I was looking at the same tires what rim width in the rear and what offset do you have?

That's similar to what a 225/65/15? I was looking at the same tires what rim width in the rear and what offset do you have?
4.25" rear spacing 15 x 7 wheels. '69 Dart with no body mods, just S/S springs. I have 225-60-15 tires now which fit nicely. The specs on the 26 x 8.5 M&H tires are very close. The M&Hs are about 3/8" larger in diameter.

4.25" rear spacing 15 x 7 wheels. '69 Dart with no body mods, just S/S springs. I have 225-60-15 tires now which fit nicely. The specs on the 26 x 8.5 M&H tires are very close. The M&Hs are about 3/8" larger in diameter.

That's so odd I have a 7 1/4 rear end and I measured my back spacing and it's coming out to 3 1/2" I'm so confused because everybody I see says 4.25 as well for back spacing would you mind taking a look at my post in this forum on my question

I has small bolt pattern when I bought the car. I converted to disc brakes in the front brining the bolt pattern in the front only to 4 1/2". I still have small bolt pattern in the rear with a 7 1/4" rear end. I had stock steelies 14" on the car with f70-14 tires. I measured the back spacing and show 3 1/2" for both front and rear wheels. I have to get 15" wheels and tires to clear the front disc brakes. I am keeping my 7 1/4 rear end with small bolt pattern in the rear for now. I have no clue what size back spacing to get for 15" wheels for the rear or front. Can you help at all. I ordered front wheels and got 15 5x4.5 with 3.75" back spacing. Will this work? And if so what size tires as far as the rear goes what size wheels and tires do I get for a 7 1/4 small bolt pattern and what size tires?

I ran M & H for years and the radials on my 12 second street driven car didn't even need to do a burnout just drove around the water and cleaned them off with a few dry launches and ready to go, they were on my car for about 7000 miles over 1 1/2 years and still had meat on them when I sold them. M & H say about 13-15000 miles depending on your driving habits and "burnouts' some guys I see at the track just waste rubber doing big burnouts which isn't needed to hook up good they are just making a show and wasting money.

I ran M & H for years and the radials on my 12 second street driven car didn't even need to do a burnout just drove around the water and cleaned them off with a few dry launches and ready to go, they were on my car for about 7000 miles over 1 1/2 years and still had meat on them when I sold them. M & H say about 13-15000 miles depending on your driving habits and "burnouts' some guys I see at the track just waste rubber doing big burnouts which isn't needed to hook up good they are just making a show and wasting money.
Wow, sounds like they wear really well. Thanks!

That's so odd I have a 7 1/4 rear end and I measured my back spacing and it's coming out to 3 1/2" I'm so confused because everybody I see says 4.25 as well for back spacing would you mind taking a look at my post in this forum on my question I has small bolt pattern when I bought the car. I converted to disc brakes in the front brining the bolt pattern in the front only to 4 1/2". I still have small bolt pattern in the rear with a 7 1/4" rear end. I had stock steelies 14" on the car with f70-14 tires. I measured the back spacing and show 3 1/2" for both front and rear wheels. I have to get 15" wheels and tires to clear the front disc brakes. I am keeping my 7 1/4 rear end with small bolt pattern in the rear for now. I have no clue what size back spacing to get for 15" wheels for the rear or front. Can you help at all. I ordered front wheels and got 15 5x4.5 with 3.75" back spacing. Will this work? And if so what size tires as far as the rear goes what size wheels and tires do I get for a 7 1/4 small bolt pattern and what size tires?
The problem is not the 7.25" rear end, or the bolt circle, or the 14" vs 15" diameters. None of those have anything to do with the backspacing. But the width of the wheels and the wheel back spacing are related. I am saying my 7" wide wheels have a 4.25" B/S. You just said your stock wheels measured 3.50" B/S. What is a stock wheel, 6" wide? They are pretty close to the same thing in regards to where this places the centerline of the wheel. Now a 5" wheel, I'd expect that to have around a 3.25" B/S.

-
Back