Anyone running one of these Oregon cam grinds?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
After finding out that a custom solid ft cam from howards probably wont be ready until June or July at the earliest, I contacted Oregon cam about regrinding the super mild crane cam that was in my 360. Gave them my info, and Ken suggested these 2 grinds

230/236 @ .050”, 264/270 adv, .483”/.504” lift

238/248 @ .050”, 272/282 adv, .506”/.526” lift

Just wondering if anyone has used either of these grinds specifically and if so, how do they perform and work with the rest of the combo i.e. power, vacuum, idle quality

Are you running stock x or j heads no porting?

I think you might have a thread about this engine somewhere?

The fact that you added, vac and idle, tells me the 230 would fit the bill. Both look geared toward a stock head with a street exhaust system style grind. All the 230's i've run produced somewhere in the 10/12'' of vacuum range and had great mid range torque although they did seem to fall off in the upper 5k range.

Are you running stock x or j heads no porting?

Converter, rear gears, carb?

:popcorn: Whats the rest of the combo?

I think most everyone that responded here missed the point, which I thought was pretty clear...

Not looking for anyone to tell me what they think of these cams for my combo...I am asking if anyone has ran these specific grinds and how they performed in their combo.

Looks like no one has or is LOL...I don't know why the internet is so hard for so many people

I think you might have a thread about this engine somewhere?

The fact that you added, vac and idle, tells me the 230 would fit the bill. Both look geared toward a stock head with a street exhaust system style grind. All the 230's i've run produced somewhere in the 10/12'' of vacuum range and had great mid range torque although they did seem to fall off in the upper 5k range.

I do, but the engine plans have changed a bit from then. I was just curious what characteristics people noticed with these specific cams in their combos if they are running them. As for what people think of the cam for my combo, I was leaving that to the experts who grind the cams lol

That said, I am leaning towards the 230 cam as well.

While I do not run either of these cams, I thought I would ask about your heads. Both those cams look pretty wild to me, fast ramps. Stock heads and valve train, the smaller cam, though you may be pushing it a bit with stamped steel rockers at that lift. If your heads are ported and after market valve train, I’d go with the larger cam depending on 4speed or you converter matches it.

So I hope you find someone that is running either of these cams that can tell you their experience.

I think most everyone that responded here missed the point, which I thought was pretty clear...
Sorry if I misinterpreted. Hopefully someone is and their engine,tranny and gears ect: are similar to your application.
Good luck with your build.
I wasn't trying to give you a hard time.

-
Back