anyone running sidepipes?

-

davezinn

Reaction score
i am considering buying a set of sidepipes for my '71 Dart. has anyone here ever installed a set on their Dart or A-body? please i'm looking for information on how it was done or what to look for, where or what kind to buy. the set i'm looking at are listed in Jeg's and are available in different lengths. the 70" long set looks to be the best fit. dont bother asking me why i want to do it or waste my time bashing me for thinking about it or doing it. if you can be of legitimate help, post what you know.

I don't know where to get them but I think they would look cool. That old school stuff is really in right now!!

HEHEHEHE Iv been running them for 6 years. Paied 50 bucks at a swapmeet. I have a 360 with truck exhaust manifolds. The biggest pain in the *** was making and routing the connector tube so it would clear everything. I have to use a short Wix oil filter and that gives me about 3/4 of an inch.
Patriot sidepipes in Summit $205.95 PN# PTE-H1070 is the ones you want. Any shorter than 70 inches and it will look goofy.

i have a 360 in my car with header's. i'm guessing they are Hedmans, but they could be anything. i'm thinking that i'm going to have to get a local shop to hook them up and make the "S" bends and connections for me. the ones listed have a 2" or 2 1/4" inlet, but by the picture it looks to neck up to 3". i'm thinking the "S" should be 2 1/2" and they can cut the inlet of the sidepipe to match.
how do they attach to the car?
my car has a very lumpy cam and the engine shakes ALOT, is this potentially going to be a problem with the joints in the exhaust connections?
is there any baffles inside the pipes or is it straight through?

The pipes are baffled, They come with the mounting kit in summit and it includes some rubber biscuts for the mounting to the underside of the car that will get rid of most of the vibration problems, mine on the other hand...L bracket welded to the underside of the car...DON'T DO IT THIS WAY lol.
Im not running headders so I just whacked off the S bend on the pipes and made a new connection. Mine are 2 1/4 in and 3 out.

Also, you might want to try and order an extra set of sheilds for them if your going to show your car and you anal about the sheilds getting dents or rust, IT WILL HAPPEN!

ok bud...i'm looking to get an 80" set for my rumble bee..yes..you heard me the bee..i've gotten bashed a lot about it...the inlet is 2" on the patriots...the firts 2-3 inchs...i was thinkin' i could get a welder to just got that part off and make where the 3" starts an inlet....the only prob i have with mine (that i will be gettin, i don't have yet) is that the pipes go down to 1 5/8" (the glasspack part..so i'm alos thinkin of replacin' the packs with straight pipe...just hope it ain't too loud... when you gettim' good luck and definitley post some sound clips and pm me with details...depenedin' on how much room you hae for install..i was also thinkin' that a flex-pipe might help with bend and engine ovement..someone please correct me if that's a bad idea... but i hope this helps some...the dynomax sideliners..they have a 2 1/4" inlet..but just as bad bc they go down to ! 3/4"..1 5/8" bc of it's glasspack muffler too...please keep me updated on you progress..thanks..

Had sidepipes on my first scamp back in the day, had headers but expect they can bend pipe better now. It can be done just put the rubber mounts in supplied with the sidepipes.

-
Back