Anyone running the Hoosier Quick time Dot Tires on the street?

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
The ones with a tread pattern? Do they last on the street if you don't abuse them alot? I don't want to run reg radials as it gets squirrely enough with the soft compound Mickeys.

P.S. thx for your reply RangerRick!

Straight from Hoosier>>>>>>>>

WARNING:*D.O.T. labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE. It is unsafe to operate any Hoosier Racing Tire including DOT tires on public roads. The prohibited use of Hoosier Racing Tires on public roadways may result in loss of traction, unexpected loss of vehicle control, or sudden loss of tire pressure, resulting in a vehicle crash and possible injury or death.

On the street the tread will go away very, very fast. Drag Racing sidewall design will make the car drive like crap in a turn. The rubber compound most likely requires heat to become effective.

All around…….. This would be a very poor choice for a street tire.

Well i see people running MT sportsman pros often on street cars. wrinkle wall, soft compound. I think some of it is lawyers. Can't say for sure. Have you ran these on the street before? I would be interested to know. Thx

MT Sportsman Pros are a street rated tire.

Hoosier Quick Time is a drag racing tire.

Big difference.

Didn't read the second part of your question. I have not ran those specific tires but I have ran a racing compound tire on the street, They lasted 1,500 (I did not miss a 0 there, 1,500) miles. That was normal street driving.

I know of a nova that runs around here all the time with frickn racing slicks. He doesn't have any problems with the rear tires and I'm sure they are not DOT cause they are soft compound. Been that way for years.

Don't want to hear bunch of whining from anyone just telling you what I know.

i ran them on my duster and drove it where i want. no problems that i saw. never tried it in the rain or anything like that.. car went 7.50 in the 1/8 mile on them but i could never keep 1 of them full of air after the car set about 4/5 days tire would leak down but that was all...i was told to unmount them and use dish soap inside the walls and it would stop never did..but i went to slicks anyway..(still have the others )mike

-
Back