anyone sell just the lower part of rear valance?

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
My rear valance is really hammered but I dont want to deal with replacing the whole thing. does anybody reproduce just the lower section below the bumper.
Prefer one with dual exhaust cutouts.

I have repaired the existing one with a dent puller and bondo... My wieght distribution is a lot better now ...lol

My rear valance is really hammered but I dont want to deal with replacing the whole thing. does anybody reproduce just the lower section below the bumper.
Prefer one with dual exhaust cutouts.

I have repaired the existing one with a dent puller and bondo... My wieght distribution is a lot better now ...lol

Oh crystal ball please tell me what this valance is supposed to fit.

Attachments

• crystal ball.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 185
Looking at his profile my guess is 68 barracuda. If I am right what do I win??? LOL

AMD repops the rear valance with a choice of single or dual exhaust. If you'd rather not replace the whole thing (not a whole lot more work), you can cut it apart and use just what you need. The seam cam be behind the rear bumper to make it easier to hide.

Oh yeah, Laysons has made this part also but I've heard mixed reviews.

Hate to buy the whole thing and cut it up... most Cudas only have a problem with the lower section unless they have been rearended hard.
I looked at it briefly and it sure looks like a fairly involved process....welded to quarters and trunk pan and trunk latch support at the very least..in fact I would guess that it is one of the more complicated panels to replace. I could be wrong ....

If this car was an original formula S or big block car I would go through the trouble. But it is just a very nice driver.

problem is you cant get a hammer or dolley behind the valance.. there is a trunk pan extension (or whatever..) behind it and only about 3/4" between it and the valance.

I used a dent puller but that is some solid sheet metal! No rust in the car...

Do you have a stud welder? I just use a harbor freight one, but I was able to get some good results. Check out the first 10 pages of the photobook called "Chapter 2" to see the heavy repair work I did to my valance.

http://1967barracuda.shutterfly.com/restorationphotobooks/7

Yep... used a stud welder... it worked ok but that is some tough sheet metal.

If I was to take it off I would replace it with a new one .. not repair the hammered one.

I had the little strap to the floor removed since I replace the trunk floor, it didn't provide much access- but I was able to pry the metal out a little. i did use a super sledge with limited success and I think I also shoved round stock in there (fuel tank is removed) and hammered a bit. I think I spent a whole day (including shaving the reverse lights and exhaust cutout) to get it ready to prime. heh, maybe I should have just replaced it!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Slide-Sle...1=g&wl2=&wl3=21486607510&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

It wil be the low point of my Redo but its just a driver... already went overboard on it.

If it's not rusted to hell and you're just going to replace it, drill the spot welds, chisel or cut the panel apart where you can hide welds easy, remove it, clean everything off of it, straighten it and put it back on.

Same results, no money spent on metal.

If it's not rusted to hell and you're just going to replace it, drill the spot welds, chisel or cut the panel apart where you can hide welds easy, remove it, clean everything off of it, straighten it and put it back on.

That is a good idea ! Might try that...

Yeah they do have small bumpers...maybe I could run a 74 Monaco bumper..that would hide the valance...lol

Look anything like this? This is how mine looks after removing all the bondo. I swear someone took a ball peen hammer to it, after drilling and ripping the drivers side of it up. Also a rip/crease in the right side. :banghead:

Attachments

• CIMG0688.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 109

x2, Like I said.

-
Back