Anyone Successfully Running A VVT Engine W/Megasquirt?

-

4speeds4me

Reaction score
Is it even possible? Knock sensor sorted out? Possible to Megasquirt and still have the reliabilty/driveabilty of my truck?

Contact the EFI Source guys. AFAIK, they're the only ones pushing the megasquirt envelope with the new gen hemi. When asked, they did say you can run a 6.4 with their system, just it won't engage VVT.

If you want VVT, you need Modern Muscle's system.

Efisource is working on a vvt setup. Might be ready by the end of the year. True Mopar guy!

I'm running a 6.4 using harness and PCM from hotwireauto.

And is the VVT functional? Most units available seem to currently ignore the VVT, as the engine will run without it...

My VVT is running and it will roast the tires..Chris from hot wire keeps me up to date with latest flashes..Been very happy with motor and engine management system.

VVT is working but active runner is not..I was going to make active runner flip but programmer said not to so I didn't .said it was taken care of in the flash to compensate non use.He was right it will spin the tires until I let off pedal.

Attachments

• 20140309_160254.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 284
Thank you mguner .I'm sorry but don't remember header mfg. I purchased them about 5 yrs ago for the first gen III install my 5.7.If I can find the bill I will let you know.Last picture don't want to cloud up his post.Thank you.

Attachments

• 20140620_195719.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 217
Last picture don't want to cloud up his post.Thank you.

Don't sweat it! I enjoy it all. I may have been breathing Mopars since birth, but the idea of retrofitting a GenIII into classic iron is fairly new to me, so I'm soaking this all up like a sponge!

-
Back