Anyone swap a 73-76 duster rear seat into 70 duster?

-

oldcarnut

Reaction score
Has anyone here swapped a 73-76 duster rear seat into a 70 duster ? Please post pics of the bracket mods if you have . Thanx all

Has anyone here swapped a 73-76 duster rear seat into a 70 duster ? Please post pics of the bracket mods if you have . Thanx all

Are you talking about a standard seat, or the fold down seat in the later cars?

I know the overall profile is the same but bracket location and style varied from 70/71 to the 73/76 .

Just didn't want to buy something I can't use , I'll post pics later of style in car ..

I don't think the brackets moved. I think the '70-72 seat backs had a provision to be bolted down that the later ones didn't have but I don't believe that effects anything else. The seat bottoms changed in '73 or maybe '74 when they added the retractable rear seat belts. This picture shows a '70 seat bottom and a '74 seat bottom, you can see the '74 has the corners cut back to leave room for the seat belt retractors. But physically they exchange, you'd just have a little bare spot in the corner with an earlier car.

0dd07b61-4904-406a-9b58-3c05c7296bae-jpeg.jpg

Put some pics up . If not they are modified easy enough. If it's not a bucket seat car originally just add some flat steel plates and put the holes where they need to be . Making sure the seats are parallel to the floor lol

-
Back