Anyone swapped a fold down seat out?

-

Ol'forest

Reaction score
Hi all, how hard would it be to convert a space duster style rear seat to a regular one, that includes the rear dash and pinion snubber floor braces. Anyone ever done that? A bit of welding I'm sure.

It would be a bit of work.

You'd need to completely fill in the package tray and make the upper landing are for the cross braces. You'd also need to remove the bracket for the fold down seat, and add the hooks for the standard.

I did the reverse of what you're talking about, I added a fold down seat to my standard car. I did a full write up on it with pictures. Might help give you an idea of what would need to be done...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=258695

Most of the fold down seat stuff could stay in place, the mounting brackets for the seat would be the only things that would actually be in the way. But filling in the package tray with the mounts for the new seat and tying it into the cross bracing will take a little work for sure.

Why are you looking to do the conversion?

keep the fold down rear seat, its' awesome....unless you're willing to sell the lower hinge covers...then pm me, I still need them for my conversion ;)

Thanks for reply, I'm just not a fan of the folding rear, yet every duster I've looked at that seams a nice buy, has that option, it's strange, I'm going to just keep looking, seems like too much work.

-
Back