Anyone tried PUI door panels?

-

fshd4it

Squid inc
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need new interior panels for my '64 Barracuda, and I see the PUI ones are considerably cheaper than Legendary's. I AM a firm believer in you get what you pay for, but this isn't going to be a full-on restoration. Most reviews of their seat covers are far from stellar, just wondering if anyone has bought their panels, and how they rated on the quality/fit/appearance scale.

I need new interior panels for my '64 Barracuda, and I see the PUI ones are considerably cheaper than Legendary's. I AM a firm believer in you get what you pay for, but this isn't going to be a full-on restoration. Most reviews of their seat covers are far from stellar, just wondering if anyone has bought their panels, and how they rated on the quality/fit/appearance scale.

Hard cardboard that doesn't have the high density foam and bulges protrude that you see on the vinyl where the clips are behind, and chrome that peels within a week. Yes I have tried them, then spent the extra dough on some Legendary.

340wedge, thanks for the feedback. I shopped the web a bit today and it looks like $175 (give or take) more for the Legendary panels, so that's the route I'll go. I was surprised to find that PUI is what Year One sells, kinda expected them to be better?

I haven't checked Year None's website lately, but when we were shopping for door panels for 67 cuda. I noticed no holes for window cranks were cut into panel. Called YN and the arrogant assclown said it was to keep costs down...lol
At the time they were more $$ then Legendary.
Go Legendary, you won't regret it.
Only time I would order from YN f-tards is if no-one else had it, and that ain' likely cuz they don't mfg squat.
340wedge, thanks for the feedback. I shopped the web a bit today and it looks like $175 (give or take) more for the Legendary panels, so that's the route I'll go. I was surprised to find that PUI is what Year One sells, kinda expected them to be better?

ard cardboard that doesn't have the high density foam and bulges protrude that you see on the vinyl where the clips are behind,
Ya' mean like these "Legendary" panel clip bulges?........................
upload_2018-5-16_8-12-5.png

Those are not “bulges” they are just happy to see you. Lol!

Honestly that typically happens when you push the panel on and the clips are not lined up exactly with the holes. Not saying that’s what happened but it has been my experience more than less.

Looks to me like the head on the clips are too long. Never thought about there being different styles, but definitely something to watch for after seeing that.

Well, I tried to copy the way they came off the old panels. I used the original clips that came off the old panels. Broken, bent, or missing clips were replaced with YO parts. If I hadn't done the work on it I may never have even noticed the bumps. Lol, Compared to the luxury surround sound filled panels that came with the car, I'm more than OK with it.

LegDrPan1.gif

What I had...…..
DoorPanelOld.gif

BTW, The seat covers are PUI :steering:
LegDoorPan5.gif

-
Back