Anyone tried to polish an L/A timing cover?

-

swinger340

Reaction score
On my 416 build im thinking turquoise block. Heads are going to be aluminum. V/Cs are polished aluminum. I was thinking a polished timing cover would look nice as well. Anyone done one or have picks of one done? Intake is an air gap and I am going to use a chrome Air breather with 340 pie tin. Maybe ill get it together and decide its to shiny. Im used to stock, everything painted with black wrinkle breather on my 69 Swinger.

Sounds like an awful lot of polishing -- all the time!! -- to keep it nice ............. :-D

I've polished a lot of aluminum in my day. Though the results can't be beat in terms of looks, it's a TON of work. On an intricate piece like a timing cover (especially the hash marks), you'll be there for awhile.

Sounds like an awful lot of polishing -- all the time!! -- to keep it nice ............. :-D

I've polished a lot of aluminum in my day. Though the results can't be beat in terms of looks, it's a TON of work. On an intricate piece like a timing cover (especially the hash marks), you'll be there for awhile.

Maybe ill just glass bead and clear it for a bare aluminum look.

I bought one that was already chromed once.

Also, have you asked Cudachick what she can do with it? She may have some cool powdercoat that would make it look like what you want or close...

She did a couple sets of Commando valve covers for me and a dual snorkel air cleaner that turned out great! Her work is more like art than coating. She takes the proper time to do it right and has great quality. It shows in the end result.

after you get it polished send it to cudschick1968 and have her clear it for you that way it will be really easy to keep clean. just done it for my valve covers

I did it, not that difficult.. just time consuming.

Can't see a lot of it one it's installed but I like it !

Attachments

• IMG_3123.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3183.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3192.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 137
-
Back