Anyone tried to rustproof they car?

-

burrpenick

'69 Barracuda
Reaction score
Like spraying Rustoleum or POR15 into the A/B pillars and rockers? How could you attempt to clean inside/dry it out before?

Drill a hole in the wheel well into the rocker for the hose, then close it with a body plug. Good luck with it, lot of fun there...

Haven't done inside rockers yet. The end cap on the forward end of the rocker where the inner splash shields for fenders attach has a hole. That's where I plan on going thru. I bought 4 cans. Used one just for the inside of the rear frame rails. As I said it is messy and will run anywhere there is an opening. It seems like I remember there being "drains" on the bottom joint along the rockers, but not 100% sure on that, haven't looked that close for a while.

Yeah, aside from the normal Sherwin Williams auto paint I used to paint the underside of my car, I used some "Bedliner/undercoat paint" from Napa for my frame rails (where I lift the car from) and it is junk. It's peeling off and I even cleaned the surface+primer painted it and scuffed it... It was like around 8 bucks a can, when I make it out in my shed again I'll let you guys know what brand it is.

I sprayed the frame of my Chevy pickup with KBS rust shield. Great product!

I've seen holes around the windshield post/frame for sure, thought I'd try to shoot some UP and down that area too. There is no way to prep these areas, but if I can get some air blowing inside that may clean out any large globs that have accumulated. dont ask me where the junk can go, cause I really dont know!The Eastwood product someone used looks pretty good, although I have used Rustoleum RUSTY METAL PRIMER for years. IT CANT HURT!

THANKS GUYS!

Picture of the day! This is the trunk floor in a 72 Challenger I bought to re-do. I gave up. Tallahassee Fl is the humidity capital not only the state capital of FL. If you look close you can see the sending unit- that was all that was left of that gas tank!

Attachments

• 72 Chall Green. 004.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 119
-
Back