Anyone use Car Chemistry insert muffler

-
I think there are a couple of different MFG of those.

I was going to get a pair used but the deal never went down.

Seems like a good idea.

Hello,I ran the cc 3 disks inserts on my sb 31/2 collector for years. Great sound never got bothered by the cops. Don't know about the header mufflers,but they make a good product,less exhaust weight also.

I'm thinking about buying a couple of the coated 3disc header mufflers to run behind my TTI 340 step tube headers. I want to get something on it so I can hear whats going on with the engine running. If it is to loud I'll have 3" X pipe duals run out the back. I don't put that many miles on my cars anyway.

Well I ordered a pair of the coated 3 disc header mufflers. Should have them in a week, I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

I run them.

You can make them quieter by using a soft plug with a hole in it in the middle of the muffler, or you can plug it off. You can also wrap SS around the spaces between the discs.

You can make them louder by cutting off 1 disc.

Well I installed the two collector 3 disc mufflers. I ran the engine for the first time for 30 minutes and I can tell you don't expect them to quiet the engine much. They do sound good, just not sure I'll pass the cop test.

I have a pair of 2.5 inch chrome power coated ones I was going to sell. I tried them on my exhaust cutouts and they were plenty loud but quieter when I wrapped them with stainless mesh.

I actually installed the restrictor cap with the hole in it that came with them. I took a sound video with my phone but can't figure out how to post it here.

I actually installed the restrictor cap with the hole in it that came with them. I took a sound video with my phone but can't figure out how to post it here.

You should also have a cap with no hole in it. I've never used either cap because I know the laws in my area and there is no sound limit, it just has to be muffled. How much difference did the restrict or cap make?

I love to hear the video.

You should also have a cap with no hole in it. I've never used either cap because I know the laws in my area and there is no sound limit, it just has to be muffled. How much difference did the restrict or cap make?
Excellent question....
I love to hear the video.

-
Back