Anyone use Custom Autosound secret audio?

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
Hi there, I am curious to know who all on here uses the secret audio radio from Custom Autosound. I have the system for my Dart Sport, but what I'm really asking is for those of you who use it, how did you hook it up to get a constant voltage source. Apparently the way that I set the system up to have a constant voltage fried the wires completely from the point of connection all the way to the radio. It made quite a mess melting other wires and producing lots of smoke as well.

I haven't taken the seats and carpet up to see what damage was really done, but from what I remember this system uses two sources of voltage. One for the radio's memory and display and the other to run the radio. under the dash and from looking at the electrical schmatic diagram from a Chiltons manual the two sources of constant voltage that I tied into were 1: the pink wire that is to the brake light switch at the top of the brake pedal and 2. the light green connector by the fuse block under the dash or behind the driver kick panel that has female connections that are needed for the A/C, speed control and rear window defogger (if equipped).

The radio worked just fine with this setup for some time, the only odd thing I could think of was that I was able to turn the radio on even with no key in the ignition. So one day while driving I guess either wires had rubbed wrong and shortened out somehow or just the wiring setup I did had to much voltage supplied and it had enough and fried it all. Sorry for so long, but any help would be appreciated ! Thanks

it needs to wired to a fused source thats does off with the key.
sounds like it way over loaded the brake light wiring.

I shall take a look tomorrow at it and figure out another source for power. I'll keep that in mind.

if i remeber i run my memory wire (usually yellow) off of the cigarete lighter fuse, one the fused side! not the direct power side

as for key on i go with the tail light fuse on the fused side....

so pull out the fuse and test either end in the fuse box, one holer for the fuse will have power the other will not... install the fuse and use the fused side...

-
Back