Anyone Use Eastwood Internal Frame Coating on Other Areas?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
This (pricey) green internal frame coating looks to cover quite well, anyone try it on other areas besides inside the frame? I mean like the cowl, etc (I know it works for hood/trunk inaccessible areas).

eastwood.jpg

Last edited:
I sprayed the inside of the fleet sides on an 03 Ram truck bed. to ensure no rust. Good so far? Easy to apply.

Cley

I did my cowl, rockers and sprayed some down into the trunk dropoff. I also did inside my subframe connectors. I like the product, and will put a second coat in some areas. For the cowl I used the black color as '89 mentioned.

I thought I soaked down the rockers and cab corner really well on my '05 Ram. Then too it might have already been scaling too badly in there.
A disappointment for me.

I bought a replacement box for my 03. It was rust free and I wanted it to stay that way. I hope it works!

Cley

I sprayed it pretty much every where i couldn't spray with a gun, in the rocker panels, in the braces that support the hood and deck lid, inside my door panels, etc. I am planning on keeping my 65 for the long haul and wanted to seal up whatever I could. I even sprayed it in the trunk on the inner fenders to get between the inner fenders and outside sheet metal

what's the coverage like? i. e. how many cans to do the frame rails on a Duster?

what's the coverage like? i. e. how many cans to do the frame rails on a Duster?

I was really generous with the application and have used 5 so far (includes other areas besides the frame rails), but i bet 3 cans would suffice. Heck, prolly even 2. The coverage is pretty decent.

I went through a lot...also was very generous when applied and don't really remember....but I did do just the frame rails on a jeep wrangler and 2 cans was more than enough

-
Back