Anyone use Moser for a prebuilt center section?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Well,

After Ma Mopar ruined Monster Mopar for me with their crappy side gears, I need a new center section, and I would like to have it in time to race this weekend.

I'm toying with paying Moser's ridiculous price.

Anyone have an opinion on the locker over the Tru Trac? I'm sure either would hold up to my low horsepower, I just want the one that hooks harder.

Still run the car on the street, and I seem to end up pushing this thing a lot, so I don't want a spool.

Thanks for any help

Steve

Since Moser makes theirs with large u joint only, I decided on the DIY route. If I can do it right, I'll save 50% off of their price.

Hopefully I don't regret it.......

Steve

I have run a locker in my ferd 8.8 for almost 10 years and it hooks hard every time. It is probably not as street friendly as a true trac especially if you are not running a sway bar and skinnies on the front. Under power the locker acts like a spool and tends to push the front end during a turn. As soon as you come off the power it acts like a normal diff. What this means is if you were having to over correct the steering while under power it immediately becomes apparent when you come off the power. If you are not aware of this "feature" it can surprise you the first time it happens.

-
Back