Anyone use the powerplus crosswind intake

-

jjr426

Reaction score
Hi guys have any of you used the power plus crosswind intake. How does it perform i can get one for 160.00 but didnt know if the intake is worth it how is the quality fit and finish etc i know its quite a bit cheaper the the air gap manifold so i was just questioning it quality let me know what you guys think of it or should i buy the eddy intake. Thanks Justin

I will have to get an item number off e bay i dont know how to post a link give me a minute It appears that the intake will work for magnum and la engines it has a dual bolt pattern. Justin

E bay item number 110200079939

Found this:
" The Power+Plus CrossWind for Mopar also features nitrous bosses, an extra water port at the rear of the manifold and is available in a satin finish or highly polished show finish. It's designed to accept the standard length bolts that came with your original engine. Special finishing plugs are provided to attractively cap off the unused bolt holes.
Not only is this CrossWind model loaded with extra features not found on competitive manifolds, it is also substantially less expensive than any similar manifold available for the small block Mopar V8 engine family "

there:
http://www.fastpts.com/cgi-bin/hazel-cgi/hazel.cgi?action=serve&item=ppacurapontiacchry.html

I have one on my 360. I can't tell you how it performs compared to the Edelbrock Air-Gap but it works well on my 360. The engine is making about 370 HP with it and runs strong between 1500 and 6500 rpm.

Contrary to what the naysayers will tell you it is not a knock off of the Air-Gap. It does have the open area under the plenum like the Air-Gap but other than that it is a different as two intakes of the same type for the same engine can be. I couple of months back I was parked next to a Duster at a show that had an Air-Gap and the Crosswind actually has a better finish to the cast surfaces than the Air Gap.

The primary reason i purchased it was for the dual mounting provisions that allow it to bolt to either LA or magnum heads..

I have one on my 360. I can't tell you how it performs compared to the Edelbrock Air-Gap but it works well on my 360. The engine is making about 370 HP with it and runs strong between 1500 and 6500 rpm.

Contrary to what the naysayers will tell you it is not a knock off of the Air-Gap. It does have the open area under the plenum like the Air-Gap but other than that it is a different as two intakes of the same type for the same engine can be. I couple of months back I was parked next to a Duster at a show that had an Air-Gap and the Crosswind actually has a better finish to the cast surfaces than the Air Gap.

thanks that is what i wanted to know not extremely worried about how much power it actually makes just want to make sure the casting is cleaned up and it fit nice no alignment issues i really just want to get that heavy a$$ cast iron intake off there and replace it with something that looks nice and performs well and will not break the bank plus i may go with magnum heads in the future and it will be nice not to have to buy another intake Thanks Justin

-
Back