Anyone use this?

-

A56

Lions led by Lambs
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Digital Micro Processor Circuitry, EPROM Processor with Built in DEAD STOP Algorithm REV Limiter all designed and engineered IN HOUSE and Proudly Made In USA! Eliminates Ballast Resistor, 44KV Output on demand, Plug and Play, one simple wiring modification (Eliminate Ballast Resistor, Kit Included), stock mounting, External Algorithm Dial Type POSITIVE STOP REV Limiter, 6061 billet aluminum CnC machined case, will not retard timing or drop output to: 7,0 00 RPM.

Last edited:
Wow, humm. I might look that up and see what is going on, never seen it before

Got mine waiting to go in the swinger. It’s nice to not have a ballast resistor and you are supporting a US company who actually makes their stuff in the US.

Got mine waiting to go in the swinger. It’s nice to not have a ballast resistor and you are supporting a US company who actually makes their stuff in the US.
Can you give this bronze from the 19th century a cost please ?

20221214_155332.jpg

HRR688 Ignition Kit and Tuning to Win digital copy. $277.00

Have one in my Dart now for 2-3 years. It uses a different coil and I updated my plug wires to Petronics Flame Thrower coil and porcelain tipped plug wires. Functions as advertised, and is plug and play for Mopar electronic dist.

Comments:
- not sure what 'no' HEI means, but you actually want HEI. While the term HEI is generally associated with the GM HEI, HEI means High Energy Ignition. You want a spark with a high energy content.
- the original 1974 HEI used a microprocessor, Motorola MC3334, so nothing new there.
- for $129 from Summit you can buy the MSD HEI module #83647. It is more compact, has a 5000-9000 rpm adjustable rpm limiter that is more accurate than above & switches 7.5 amps, 2 amps more than the stock HEI module.
- what does the above switch in coil current? The power [ energy ] in the spark is determined by current as one of the determining factors.

The coil is 1.5 ohm , I think. If you want it to look MSD, by all means go with it, sounds like the cheaper route to go also for the budget minded. I wanted plug and play, and basically look Mopar. I did have to piggyback a jumper at the ballast. It gets old looking at hacked into wiring harnesses , run it here, mount it there, wiring issues, mis wiring etc, but that's just me. Sorry, I don't want HEI.

20221216_190140.jpg

I have had one on one of my 70 Darts for about 6 years. Never had a lick of problem out of it. It even has a test light in the unit that allows you to either rule out or finger the unit if there is an ignition failure. Look above the washer bottle.

IMG_1000.JPG

You can still make it look Mopar by getting an old Mopar 5 pin ECU & gutting it. MSD module will fit inside. Piggy back the MSD onto a piece of 1/8" -3/16" alum plate, the same size or slightly larger than the existing heat sink; use the supplied white heat sink paste between the two.
The original ECU just becomes a cover; you can connect the module wires to the existing ECU socket & use the existing harness, BUT it will have to be wired slightly differently. ECU cover does not need removing to set/change rev limiter, it is done by grounding a wire.
The module needs to be grounded & this is done with the two screws that pass through the heat sink; should be nut & screw, clean metal, star washer for secure ground. The ECU cover no longer needs to be grounded & can be secured with sheet metal screws. Use an E core like a MSD #8207 & you will have a powerful ign system & can run 0.060" gaps.
If anybody is interested, I can provide more detail on the wiring process.

-
Back