Anyone Used Ron Francis Wiring?

-

GoFish

Have impressive member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of a complete rewire when I put my car back together. I'm adding a good bit of new electronics, so I don't trust the stock 37 year-old wiring. All my searches turn up discussions of Painless and Evans for aftermarket wiring. Anyone have good or bad experiences with Ron Francis? Just thought I'd look at all my options...

I am installing one now in my 68'. Very good quality and customer service. These guys are very professional. They use a real nice fuse panel that is not a GM type and it has select a circuit to make some of the circuits either "hot" or "ign hot" by just swapping a fuse... very cool! I have used the others too and they're OK, but I'll take a RF any day.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Since you've also used the others, you're a good sounding board. How did the Ron Francis system stack up on price versus Painless and Evans? Is it a true "plug and play"?

I ordered a 18 fuse, 21 circuit kit from http://www.ezwiring.com/ for my 53 Mercury pick up. It was about $207 after delivery.

Quote from their website...

"Our EZ 21 pre-wired fuse block will wire your car from headlight's to taillight's. It features 18 fuses and 21 circuits. The circuits are Radio, Coil, Dome Lights, Headlights, Horn, Power Door Locks, Cig Lighter, Wiper Switch, Elect. Fuel Pump, Gauges, Hazard Lights, Power Windows, AC/Heat, Elect. Fan, Backup/Cruise, Radio, Turn Signal.

It also Includes Horn Relay and Connector, Turn and Hazard Signals, Dimmer Switch Connector, Circuit Breaker for Headlights, 2 Flashers, 1 Alternator Plug, 2 Ignition Switch
Connectors Plus more."

The instructions are very clear and have everything you need to use mopar, chevy, or ford ignition.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Since you've also used the others, you're a good sounding board. How did the Ron Francis system stack up on price versus Painless and Evans? Is it a true "plug and play"?
They both have some likes and dislikes. RF is more expensive but I think you get what you pay for. I know, as mentioned in the other post, that you can get cheaper wiring systems and they work well also. I wasn't looking for cheap, just quality. After all the time and money I spent on this project I won't cut corners.

As for plug and play, you still have to run the circuit to length and make the connections. On Painless everything is pre-wired in the fuse box and you can end up with spaghetti under the dash with un-used circuits.

The RF you just install what you need and add circuit as necessary.

I think in the end, any of these wiring systems will serve you well. I frequently will buy parts from a couple of manufacturers and mix it up.

Check out the http://www.ronfrancis.com/ site. If this guy has the guts to put his name on it... must be good.

Good Luck....

-
Back