Anyone used this carb before?

-
They got the rights from Holley to make'em w/there name. I had a 650 spreadbore vacuum secondary carb. It ws ok and it performed fine. Nothin great. Good carb for the money and street.

They got the rights from Holley to make'em w/there name. I had a 650 spreadbore vacuum secondary carb. It ws ok and it performed fine. Nothin great. Good carb for the money and street.

I was curious of that because they resemble a Holley an awful lot

The local Hot Rod shop put one on a 350 Chevy and said it worked real good out of the box. He is a die-hard Edelbrock AFB guy and His take on the Summit brand is very good.
Reminded him of the old Ford Auotlite carb in design.

Looks like a reworked Autolite.

autolite4100.jpg

from all the reviews I have read it is a new take on the old autolite/holley ( 4110 or 4111 i think it was?)

but with many new school updated revisions and adjustability.

from what I gather its a one piece design so you don't have to worry about leaking gaskets here there and everywhere.

and I also gather that holley replacement parts work in it (outside of the replacement parts summit offers).

it also looks like it has a quick change set up for the vacuum secondaries. float sights , comes with a few extra tuning parts I think.

light weight design, suppose to be good to go out of the box,nice clean appearence and at a nice price compared to others.

one review of it that I seen, the guy said that with the summit carb he was running about 20 HP less on the dyno than he was with his previous setup.....HOWEVER he admitted that he did not tune it in or try swapping in different parts to match it up to his engine.

Im thinking it looks like I might go with this carb.

YES! Like the Autolite carb, LOL! Totalllly forgot about them. (DUH!)

The carb worked well. I'm not trashing it by anymeans. If your looking to save some bucks and get out on the road, why not. If your looking for max HP, ....this may not be the carb for you.

Yes, all Holley parts will work on it. The one thing I crossed when I was screwing around with it was the rear boosters (Or front for that matter) were not available for replacement. I took a dremal to the rear boster to whittle it down and got carried away, screwing it up.

The fuel is designed to be discharged around the inside permimiter of the booster, not just a single spill port in the center. (At least it was on the Holley)

It is a 2 part design is like the AFB. No fuel spills, jets in the floor. Grab a towel and flip the top of the carb over onto it and you'll be spill free. Stain free. The top does drip alot when you first take it off since the floats are attached to the top and of course ..in the fuel.

thanks for chiming in on it.

not looking for a max horse power set up here. And I think even if the carb has a slight loss in power over the competitors that it will still have plenty that it won't bother me none.

I might take it to the strip a few times but I don't plan on being the star of the show or anything....thats not what I have built the car for. its going to look good,be able to cruise around town and be respectable at the least if I was to take it to the strip and I think it will still do that with this carb.

I personally have had pretty good luck with summit branded stuff ....and the price is right,and the cfm's should be pretty well matched to my set up and I like what I have read about it and I like the design of it.....so I think I snag one up!

BOUGHT IT!!!!

not only did I get 10% off and a free carb tuning secrets dvd and fuel line ....but I talked to a sales rep and got them to toss in a free t-shirt and hat on the deal too! thats what im talking about

DANG!!!! gotta love summits turn around time! ,put everything on order yesterday afternoon and this after noon it was all at my door already!

My initial impression of the carb so far is......great design,great finish (the could have cleaned off some of the polishing compound a little better but no big deal,simple yet effective design,cheap dual feed fuel line....will work but ill probably upgrade it eventually. GREAT deal for the amount of money.

Ill let everyone know what I think of it performance wise when I have it bolted down.

DAMN!

Installed the carb.......

fuel POURED from the cheap fuel line......no matter how much I tried tightening it,it still didnt stop.....more than just a drip too....it was flowin.

AND second problem is that the choke was not working.....it would not stay in the closed position without springing right back to open (cold right out of the box)......and the only way I could get it to close was to adjust the choke module all the way to the left.

on top of that the choke mechanism was HOT!!!! burned me when I touched it.....and I have it wired correctly with a 12v key on hot.

SO I told summit what was up and they sent me a ups slip so I can pack it back up and ship it off for a replacement. I also got them to give me a $25.00 gift certificate which I will be using on an auroquip style fuel line for the carb..

but when it did run it was smooth and response felt right on......but I only had it running for a minute or 2

so......thats where it sits as of now, ill update everyone when I finally get it straightened out/

Got the carb back today!

this choke feels much smoother....the other one felt like it bound up some and it wouldnt close the choke door.

Ill post pictures of it with my new fuel line in a second

Tiz purdy!!!!!

Attachments

• 215888_1794397292183_1007204303_31674543_4832852_n.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 240
it really just a holley 4010.when my 340 was still a single 4bbl that was the carb i used for a long time.one of the things i liked about it was the annular boosters.it wrapped really fast and throttle response was sharp.

keep the updates coming i was thinking of one of these or a edelbroke for my street 340

I'm looking to buy one of those, I want the spreadbore feature without the TQ finicky-ness (new word!).

I would suggest staying away from these carbs!!!!!!!!!

I hooked up my SECOND one today.......it ended up spewing fuel out of a softplug in the body of the carburetor.....I tapped it in some to see if it would seal it up and it did a little bit but it was still dripping raw fuel out of a place that should have NO fuel coming from it.

how the heck it passed quality control when these carburetors are "wet tested" ......if someone slapped that carb on and didnt notice that fuel leak right away it could have been a fire hazard.

I am going to call it in and see about getting my money refunded and I am just going to get a new edelbrock or something.....I am done messing with summit racing carburetors.....thats 2 junk ones in a row now!

-
Back