Anyone using Tunnel Ram

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Looking for anyone thats using a tunnel ram. Been kicking around the idea of getting one for my 440 build. This will be a pro street/street/strip car. Looking for general input on this. Thanks.

tunel021.jpg

tunel022.jpg

i did run one fore a short period of time ´(didnt take it of cause of poor performance or anything like that) ran very well on my 340 with two 750proform dubblepumpers even if those carbs where way to big according to most and it would probably have ran alitle better with smaller carbs :)

tunel021.jpg

tunel022.jpg

i did run one fore a short period of time ´(didnt take it of cause of poor performance or anything like that) ran very well on my 340 with two 750proform dubblepumpers even if those carbs where way to big according to most and it would probably have ran alitle better with smaller carbs :)
Ran a Weiand 2x4 on my 72 duster with a 451 and eddys
Once I worked out the IFR issues with the 750's.
The trottle response is what
turned me on the most, and the fact that it would RPM like cray was cool. Only problem I had was fuel wash.
Never dynoed the Engine with the TR setup
But probably was worth a little TQ over the Single setup~

Mine would be going on a generous 440 build up. It does come with 2 600cfm carbs but would I be able to rejet them to lower the flow a bit. Not sure that 1200 isnt over kill a bit.

Mine would be going on a generous 440 build up. It does come with 2 600cfm carbs but would I be able to rejet them to lower the flow a bit. Not sure that 1200 isnt over kill a bit.
The stock jetting in the 600's is a good starting point
the Cam is going be the issue, Buy as set of the quick change
tops{assuming they are VS} springs and large assortment of pump cams,
jets and such and tune it in ..once you finaly get it right you'll know it :}

What do you mean by the cam. I think i already have it narrowed down to 2 but a suggestion would be open given ive change my intake and carb plans.

What do you mean by the cam. I think i already have it narrowed down to 2 but a suggestion would be open given ive change my intake and carb plans.
What's your Combination{s} IE : Engine , trans, gears what type of driving ET goal and such?

Engine is a 440 block bored and stroked to a 500cid. Indy 440-1 heads ported. 2x4 weiand tunnel ram/ 2 holly 600cfm carbs
Trans will be a 727 unsure of the build on that. Rear im is a Dana 60 with 4.10 gears. Not looking for specific ET but want good power decently lopy cam but streetable.

Engine is a 440 block bored and stroked to a 500cid. Indy 440-1 heads ported. 2x4 weiand tunnel ram/ 2 holly 600cfm carbs
Trans will be a 727 unsure of the build on that. Rear im is a Dana 60 with 4.10 gears. Not looking for specific ET but want good power decently lopy cam but streetable.
500" ported 440-1's and that TR with 600's is kinda going backwards on the induction side you would be loosing alot of HP even with x2 800's{any flow numbers on the 440-1's} a sheetmetal Tr and a pair of 1050's is where I would start with that much CFM, you could make the weiand work with that with some runner and plenum porting and some 800's, Personaly I still like the older MP 590 or 620 both would be in line if you use the weiand, but if you want to put those heads to work a roller would be inorder...im confused as to why you would build a monster motor and choke it with that weiand ..seems like a waste of capabilities~
Do you have the flow numbers for those heads and what is the comp?

500" ported 440-1's and that TR with 600's is kinda going backwards on the induction side you would be loosing alot of HP even with x2 800's{any flow numbers on the 440-1's} a sheetmetal Tr and a pair of 1050's is where I would start with that much CFM, you could make the weiand work with that with some runner and plenum porting and some 800's, Personaly I still like the older MP 590 or 620 both would be in line if you use the weiand, but if you want to put those heads to work a roller would be inorder...im confused as to why you would build a monster motor and choke it with that weiand ..seems like a waste of capabilities~
Do you have the flow numbers for those heads and what is the comp?

Because I have no idea what im doing. Im trying to get to 600hp most of what ive came up with are suggestions from others. This is my first serious build. Ive done 2 others but the were just basically rering and bearing jobs. but i want to use the tunnel ram.Im learning as I figure trial and error is the only way to go. I dont really have anyone around me that I can pick there brain. If you ask on here you get 10 totally different answers.

Because I have no idea what im doing. Im trying to get to 600hp most of what ive came up with are suggestions from others. This is my first serious build. Ive done 2 others but the were just basically rering and bearing jobs. but i want to use the tunnel ram.Im learning as I figure trial and error is the only way to go. I dont really have anyone around me that I can pick there brain. If you ask on here you get 10 totally different answers.
Ok cool now I understand ok do this for me and i'll
help you out with a combo and cost estimate{im assuming you dont have the parts already"
Make a list of the intended goals
and whats most important to you,
Strip? street , Pump gas, drivability how often daily driver? weekends?
budget , et goal as much info on what you want from the package~
seems like alot of info but make all the diffrence~

Ok cool now I understand ok do this for me and i'll
help you out with a combo and cost estimate{im assuming you dont have the parts already"
Make a list of the intended goals
and whats most important to you,
Strip? street , Pump gas, drivability how often daily driver? weekends?
budget , et goal as much info on what you want from the package~
seems like alot of info but make all the diffrence~

Just the 440 complete that ive bought and the tunnel ram with the 600 carbs. Is all i have bought so far.
A wild steet car is what im after. Something that i can drive on the weekends not a daily driver but also run it a few times for fun. Pump gas. Looking to get to 600hp give or take a bit. Budget around 5000 not including carbs or tunnel ram. Car will be back halfed and 33x22.5x15 I do have the dana that will be getting redone with 4.10s. I want something I can fire up and go. Love the hard launches. Budget isnt really important since i seem to have a knack for finding good deals on good stuff.

-
Back