Anyone watch Counting Cars?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
What do you think of the show? Unfortunately it doesn't go into the detail of how these cars are restored, that would be a big plus for me... However I have to say for a reality show I'm quite jealous of the guy. If I had the money, I would be him! The show more less revolves around him then the actual restorations... but he is the owner.
He seems like a generally nice guy, Maybe it's just for show? I don't know? The prices are high, but he also seems to get what the asking price is. There are times where he seems generally good natured where if someone cant afford the car, he'll try to work out a deal.
He also seems to appreciate Mopars, at least it nice to see them on the show when other shows seem to reflect more on Chevy's.

That Challenger R/T was beautiful!!

love that show that dart was sick! is that guy on this site he should be!

i would pull over in a heartbeat to talk to him bout my cars. some ppl r super rude like wtf do u want leave me alone those arnt real car guys

My wife even likes the show!

I just wonder if hes really is a nice guy as he shows, or if it's just for TV?

There are times he'll take a loss just to keep Count Customs good name. Then the episode with the Challenger the guys wife had cancer, and Danny seemed genuinely caring.
It kind of seems like he's at a place in life where he's made his money, so everything is just ok. He does just enough too keep everything rolling.
I guess he owns a tattoo parlor with Vince Neil from Motley Crue, and a 80's type R&R bar.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2012-10-14-12h21m15s211.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 259
  • vlcsnap-2012-10-14-12h21m54s147.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 260
I went to visit the shop this past August. They are super nice guys and just LOVE cars. The Count also has his own bar, Vamp'd. We went there for lunch Its the coolest bar I have ever been to. Good food too! I would say they are nicer in person than on TV.

MRL Performance... That's great to hear they are generally good people, not just for the show! I'm in WI, but I do make a trip to Vegas every couple years or so. Maybe I'll make a point to check it out. I'll definitely hit the bar! I'm not so sure how open he'd be about people wondering around his shop though.
i knew someone on this forum had to have run into him at some point! :)

i watch the show everyday during the week when its on during the day,as i work 3rd shift,yea its a spin off from pawn stars,you can tell some is fake,but he does take pride in the sall to have a good name

I went to Vegas on my honeymoon and this was on our list of things to do. We even got them to sign a few shirts for us. I passed a few of my business cards to the guys and Scotty was very excited to hear I was a Mopar engine building shop. They showed us around and they were super nice.

We also went to Shelby America. They had a 1200HP King Cobra in there on the dyno, man did that thing sound BAD ***!

I enjoy vegging out to it and seeing cool cars. Good to hear they are cool in person too. Have to check the bar out next time there. That dart was nice.

-
Back