Anyone with a 73 Duster Full Vinyl Top Car

-

moparspares

Reaction score
I have just put a vinyl roof back on my duster. I need pics where and how the moldings and chrome end peices screw on the C pillar. My holes have been filled and I just need to see exactly where they sit before redrilling them. If someone could send me pics of both ends of the molding I would be very appreciative

This is a Full Vinyl Top car not the half.

They should go from the bottom of the drip rail to the bottom of the rear window. I'd throw it up on the car and put it where ever you want. I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell you that you did it wrong.

I have a 1974 Duster with a full vynil roof.I will take some pics and post them if I can figure out how.

I need to know the same info, but are there studs instead of drilled holes for the clips?

I need to know the same info, but are there studs instead of drilled holes for the clips?

I got mine from R/T Specialities. I think there should be one hole on each side and the rest studs however mine has had the studs ground. Thats no problem I can just redrill and screw on the clips. I mainly need to know the location of the end chrome pieces.

Attachments

• Duster vinyl clips.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 224
If you need anymore just ask.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 002.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 224
  • 003.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 004.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 005.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 225
Thanks for the pics but it leaves me with more questions than answers.

Your pictures look different to what I have toward the rear of the car. I have a peice that slots into the main molding and goes over the body and up to the rear window molding. Yours looks like it is just bent over the body crease

I have attached 2 pics of how how I think mine goes. Next question is what the hell is the last peice of chrome and where does it go. Tried it on the front A pillar but it just doesnt look right.

View attachment IMG_4267.jpg

View attachment IMG_4268.jpg

View attachment IMG_4269.jpg

Ok

Tried the A pillar chrome pieces again and yes I realise they do go their now. Very ill fitting though but I can make them work.

Thanks for the photos though appreciated.

Mine is a '70. I'm actually installing the top now so I don't have pics of the installed moldings yet but maybe this will help if I succeed at posting the pictures. It might not matter where you put the holes, except that I think you will need to access the retainers from inside the car so make sure you put them in a spot where you can get to them. Let me know how you make out with the retainers you bought. I have the same ones and I'd like to know if they are going to be a disaster or not before I try to install them.
factory also had some special retainers that are basically a screw with a large round flat-topped head that the molding slides into

Attachments

• top1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 165
  • top2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 153
  • top3.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 171
  • top4.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 157
  • top5.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 192
  • top6.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 161
BTW (again this info is for my '70) to do it "correctly" you will need to order another retainer kit. They used 2 of the stud/nut type ones on each side of the car. The plastic ones are NOT USED. Instead they used the special screw that I mentioned above. Of course no reason not to use the plastic ones if you can, but I'm wondering if maybe they are too small.

-
Back