Anyone with Pro-touring style 64-66 barracuda or Valiants?

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
I love those little cars, when I finish my Duster, I would like to find one and make a handling car out of one! Anybody have one of those cars set up for handling and can you post pics? Thanks, Dan:burnout:

Thanks Rocket :thumbrig:

Your welcome, I really meant it.
I'm not usually a fan of big wheels and modern upgrades on old cars. I look at my cars as time machines that capture a moment in time. I'm not a purist that have to have to keep everything stock, but all modifications I make are old school stuff that could have been done back then. Like upgrading my '65 Valiant with 14x5,5 wheels, Barracuda steering wheel and so on, you get the idea.
I really don't like the trend with big wheels slapped on a otherwise stock car. But I can appreciate when someone puts thought into a build and make it work as a unit.
The thing that bugs me most after reading your build thread is that I would actually love to own that car. That's the first (and hopefully last ;) ) time I have felt that way about such a modernized car..

Good luck on finishing it!

Thanks Rapid...I actually saw both those threads, went to Protouring.com before I asked in FABO. He lost me when he decided to put the Art Morrison frame under it. It is a sweet car, just wasnt interested anymore. My Uncle had one of those cars when I was about 6. It was that dark blue. We got together at his house for a weel long family reunion with all of our overseas relatives. Everytime we went anywhere, I insisted on riding in the Barracuda. It still infects me to this day....

Definitley love the 64 Tincup! Very classy and subtle,which to me is what is best these days. Less is more, it all serves a purpose type of design without getting tuner ish lol! There is a 65 Barracuda on here that is also badass......I gotta dig up a pic. Found it....

Attachments

• i4625.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 3,390
Thanks Rapid...I actually saw both those threads, went to Protouring.com before I asked in FABO. He lost me when he decided to put the Art Morrison frame under it. It is a sweet car, just wasnt interested anymore. My Uncle had one of those cars when I was about 6. It was that dark blue. We got together at his house for a weel long family reunion with all of our overseas relatives. Everytime we went anywhere, I insisted on riding in the Barracuda. It still infects me to this day....

your in rockford keep an eye out i'm building my 62 lancer pt style unless somrthing changes

My 66 is set up pretty sweet. Mostly stock Formula S with Bilsteins and Minilite wheels and Dunlop tires.

Can always build your own frame with bent tube from Art Morrison... Options

file-93.jpg

file-92.jpg

Not mine, But this is the car that started me looking at early A bodies.

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,720
looking forward to seeing more of that Lancer...a few years ago some big time shop built a 4 door lancer for someone in a pseudo pt style...it was sick. I woulda traded my sac for it!

looking forward to seeing more of that Lancer...a few years ago some big time shop built a 4 door lancer for someone in a pseudo pt style...it was sick. I woulda traded my sac for it!

as i progress dan, you should come by and see it your only 45 minutes away

I might just take you up on that offer rapid.....once the weather breaks and I can take the motorcycle. I know Richmond pretty well, driven many different trucks through Richmond for years. By the way I do like the looks on all of these cars that have been posted. The thing that started my mind wandering down the early a path was the old book, Mopar Suspensions, by Mike Martin. Her had some sweet pictures of Formulas S Barracudas, that just got my blood pumping. There is a pretty decent one here in town, but the guy wants a mint for it, and it is hardly mint quality, let alone poor driver quality! I threaten to build one for my wife all the time.

Not to hijack this thread but more out of curiosity any do a pro touring 4 door?

I might just take you up on that offer rapid.....once the weather breaks and I can take the motorcycle. I know Richmond pretty well, driven many different trucks through Richmond for years. By the way I do like the looks on all of these cars that have been posted. The thing that started my mind wandering down the early a path was the old book, Mopar Suspensions, by Mike Martin. Her had some sweet pictures of Formulas S Barracudas, that just got my blood pumping. There is a pretty decent one here in town, but the guy wants a mint for it, and it is hardly mint quality, let alone poor driver quality! I threaten to build one for my wife all the time.

cool...... dan the invitation is there

Saved the pic of the black one when a fella had it for sale on here. Always liked it.

Think the light blue one is another pic of an above posted car

Attachments

• i13492.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 2,414
  • !BcQ!jfQ!mk~$(KGrHqMH-DUEqu5HY5h,BKznwIHszQ~~_3.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 4,243
-
Back