Apollo 11 Documentary

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
Wife and I went to see it at the IMax theater and was impressed at the engineers back then.
They didn't rely on computers like we do today and did it with pencil and paper. Those people were pretty clever.
Here we are 50 years later and Space X has finally launched a maned capable rocket from US soil. Doesn't seem like the big of an accomplishment.

Bob we saw it opening day here in KC and wow!!! What stunning footage and it was so cool to watch without talking heads telling us what was happening. The launch was so awesome and loud and shaking. It was so cool and anyone that likes science and space has to go see it. IMAX is the best and you have till Thursday to see it in IMAX, at least around here.
Tom Hand

Wife and I went to see it at the IMax theater and was impressed at the engineers back then.
They didn't rely on computers like we do today and did it with pencil and paper. Those people were pretty clever.
Here we are 50 years later and Space X has finally launched a maned capable rocket from US soil. Doesn't seem like the big of an accomplishment.

Oh Yea! The launch was amazing! Footage I've never seen before. It was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes.
Although I knew that they landed on the moon safely, my palms were sweaty when they were getting close on fuel.

My pal that went with us had trained to get into NASA to be an astronaut. Never made it as timing was wrong.

When the Capsule finally got back on earth, he said, "finally, I can take a breath". That is the same thing I felt. It was truly breathtaking footage and I too, like you, was so proud, I had tears in my eyes watching the events unfold. I knew how it ended but you can't watch it without beaming with pride and wonder.

Yes! And you could argue that the five F1 engines pushing that 6.5 million ton rocket in orbit were Mopars!

-
Back